8 weeks, still no DECISION

<p>My son got accepted into the Film and Video Production Program in the College of Liberal Arts. He applied in January and heard April 1st. We just visited and loved the campus…Go Purdue!</p>

<p>Every other department besides the engineering department has been moving really fast on admissions. The international admissions team has been exceptionally slow. And the wait is simply terrible for the anxious kids and parents !</p>

<p>anyone anything?</p>

<p>Zilch! I guess the lady is still in a holiday mood. </p>

<p>Logic tells me that we may only hear something in May, after those who have heard earlier have accepted or declined their admission offers. I think on that basis they will offer admissions to the rest of us. And we have three weeks time to accept the offer. Just an assumption :frowning: </p>

<p>@SuperrMom thats right, but it is also possible that they will give declined decisions before may. and maybe waitlist to others and then accept from waitlist. </p>

<p>@SuperrMom I think you are right. </p>

<p>Let’s just hope I’m wrong and they move faster! Meantime I suggest we concentrate on the engineering entrance exams, if any, in our respective countries. :slight_smile: India has a host of them!</p>

<p>@SuperrMom I hope they do. What are the engineering entrance exams??</p>

<p>In india we have entrance exams to get admission into different engineering colleges. One very tough exam to make it into the ‘ivy league’ of engineering, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). This exam is taken by most indian kids, interested in engineering, and the preparation for it is super tough! Besides this exam, there are entrance exams to almost all engineering colleges. Phew!</p>

<p>My son’s app status has changed to ‘waitlisted’…now what?!</p>

<p>@SuperrMom well atleast you got a decision. I guess you should accept the waitlist spot. Better than nothing right?</p>

<p>Is that how it works?? I will call the office of admissions and find out exactly what we need to do. Thank Zeus319 :-)</p>

<p>waitlisted</p>

<p>@SuperrMom please inform us what admission office tells you</p>

<p>@SuperrMom @dishkyaoon‌ what does being waitlisted mean? I know that its not an acceptance or rejection but can they reject you after being waitlisted?</p>

<p>@Swiftie13 …we called yesterday and they said it could go either way, and we will know their decision on or before June 15th :frowning: … Best to accept other choices , just in case.</p>

<p>@dishkyaoon‌ … I hope this gives you a clearer answer…when we specifically asked if the app can get rejected after waitlist, she said that it could go either way… :-/</p>

<p>it can go either way but if they reject us, then it would only be due to our late application. my applcation was completed in end of feb, i think.</p>

<p>i applied by international deadline of feb 1 but they received materials late.
thank u for responding.
I hope that out of state students dont accept their Purdue offers, then they will choose more international students.</p>

<p>Do we need to do anything to accept a spot (EDIT) at waitlist ??</p>

<p>@dishkyaoon‌ No, we specifically asked if they require more documentation, recommendation etc and the lady said no. I suppose the status saying ‘Waitlisted’ is definitely better than ‘Denied/WL’ :slight_smile: … It’s a matter of waiting some more… </p>