A couple questions

<p>Excellent post, gojack!!</p>

<p>I don’t drink coffee but I’ve heard many people say that Dunkin Donuts has the best coffee they’ve ever had. I think you can buy their beans and brew it at home can’t you? Of course that’s never the same as when the establishment makes it for you.</p>

<p>All this DD talk has me jonesing for a Boston Creme donut right now. I think I’ll go buy one…or 12 :-)</p>

<p>Dunkin Donuts plain cake doughnuts – the BEST ever!!!</p>

<p>In my hometown of Wilmington, Mass., there’s a pizza joint /sub shop and a Dunkin Donuts on practically every corner. (They alternate: DD, pizza joint, sub shop, DD, pizza joint, sub shop…LOL!)</p>

<p>First order of biz for S will be finding a fav pizza place. We probably have 20-30 in town, but he has fav where they know him by name (like Cheers) apparently he tips well. His current preference is barbeque chicken pizza, I have to believe he can find that in T-town!</p>

<p>I’m glad we hijacked this thread to talk about food in T-town, although I might miss nj’s quips although I’m sure they will surface elsewhere/later :)</p>

<p>Can’t believe the Dunkin Doughnuts love in here. Every DD doughnut I’ve had has been as tasty as a brick. I used to love Krispy Kreme, but ever since I tasted Shipleys Donuts, nothing else has come close. It’s too bad the closest ones are in Hoover and Starkville, MS.</p>

<p>The best place to get pizza in town is Little Italy on the Strip, IMO.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Is that the place near Swen’s? </p>

<p>Yes, they have good pizza. Did they ever get their liquor license straightened out?</p>

<p>It is, and I don’t know. They’ve had beer on the menu the times I’ve been there.</p>

<p>They’ve had beer and wine on the menu since they opened…but no license! At least when we went they hadn’t gotten it yet. So, just wondering if they ever got it.</p>

<p>Hey everyone… I can see that the theme of the thread has changed a bit, but I’m glad everyone is having questions answered. I want to apologize for stereotyping, and I’m glad that what I had heard was wrong. I also have another question - I know the tornadoes damaged a large part of campus. Is that still under repair? Is there any student service program that helps to rebuild? I’ve done a lot of that kind of thing in New Orleans, etc., and I think that would be a nice thing to know exists (not that the tornadoes were good).</p>

<p>The tornado never touched campus. It did tremendous damage to parts of the city but the campus is as fine and beautiful as it ever was. </p>

<p>And even with the damage to the city it’s relegated to just the path of the tornado. You see devastation on one side of the street and on the other side it looks like nothing ever happened.</p>

<p>^^^Glad to see that you are back and we appreciate the apology.</p>

<p>Campus is still intact! Thankfully it was spared, except for a little tree damage. The tornado passed very close to campus and destroyed a large area of housing and stores. There is much to be done in Tuscaloosa and elsewhere in Alabama where the tornado struck. The University and its’ students were one of the “first responders” and there are many many ongoing volunteer projects.</p>

<p>Thanks for the kind word NJBama,</p>

<p>Here’s a pertinent comparison of Boston’s schools;
University of Alabama Freshman OOS:43% Women:52.7% URM:13.5% Degrees Awarded to URM’s:12.7%
Penn State OOS: 23% Women:45.0% URM:7.8% Degrees Awarded URM’s:7.0%
Indiana Univ OOS:31% Women:50.4% URM:7.2% Degrees Awarded URM’s:5.9%
Purdue Univ OOS: 21% Women:41.4% URM:6.9% Degrees Awarded URM’s:6.1%
West Virginia University OOS:38% Women:44.5% URM:5.6% Degrees Awarded URM’s:4.7%</p>

<p>UA stands out as being by far the most diverse, and most OOS, but also dead last for “homemaking husband-seekers”… </p>

<p>Hmmmm…
Yes, if your going hubby hunting at UA, better bring your ‘A’ game, those UA girls do have a well deserved image. ツ</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Bravo, kylearobb. Welcome to Bama!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>And here I was, beginning to think I was the only one. You rock, feeno!</p>

<p>I know the tornadoes damaged a large part of campus.</p>

<p>where are you getting your information? </p>

<p>The tornadoes didn’t damage the campus at all. Winds blew down 1 tree I think. I was on campus the day after the tornadoes because I had 2 kids there. There was no physical damage at all.</p>

<p>The damage occurred in an area south of the campus. </p>

<p>Yes, the students are involved with recovery efforts.</p>

<p>Most of the city is fine. Tuscaloosa is twice the size of Manhattan…so think of the damage in terms of Ground Zero…where there is specific damage to a specific area, while the rest of homes and businesses weren’t physically damaged.</p>

<p>There is a video that shows the campus was not physically hurt by the tornadoes…I’ll look for it.</p>

<p>Found it!!</p>

<p><a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/post-storm-faq/[/url]”>http://gobama.ua.edu/post-storm-faq/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Back to Dunkin Donuts for a second:</p>

<p>“All this DD talk has me jonesing for a Boston Creme donut right now. I think I’ll go buy one…or 12 :-)”</p>

<p>NJBAMA, would this be a DD that you frequent??</p>

<p>[Operation</a> ‘Extra Sugar’: New Jersey Police Bust Dunkin’ Donuts Employee Prostitution Sexual Services Melissa Redmond | TheBlaze.com](<a href=“http://www.theblaze.com/stories/operation-extra-sugar-police-bust-donut-shop-employee-for-selling-sexual-services-alongside-glazed-treats/]Operation”>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/operation-extra-sugar-police-bust-donut-shop-employee-for-selling-sexual-services-alongside-glazed-treats/)</p>

<p>I have to pop into this conversation to say, Dunkin Donuts coffee is EPIC. There used to be a DD in Montgomery, AL, when I was very young, but now I only ever get it when we go visit family in New Haven. Up there, there’s literally a DD on almost every corner and one within walking distance of my aunt’s house… It’s so great. If T-town got one, the place would legit be perfect.</p>

<p>^^^Oh I am stalking the one that is opening across the street from me. They put the sign up the other day and it was lit last night. Totally building an extra 10 minutes into my morning commute so I can stop and get a large french vanilla coffee, light & sweet.</p>

<p>I think I need to resurrect that thread of businesses and restaurants that we want to come to T-town. We need to add DD to that list…and a few other places.</p>

<p>I had summarized the list and I had sent it to the mayor’s office, but I think now I need to find someone else or some other group to send it to. </p>

<p>Now, I’ve got to find that thread!!! lol</p>

<p>I have to say I am surprised about the excitement over DD, they are a dime a dozen in the area where I live. I agree that the coffee is very good. We have one right in the building I work in and another in the building next door which is connected by a walk-way. If one is busy or doesn’t have what you want, it takes less than a minute to walk to the other one. We have them so often in our office that I feel like it is a cop-out to buy them when I get the office treats.</p>