"A" Day schedule announced!

<p>This is for all you Crimson tide football fans! We will be there for sure!</p>

<p>A-Day Game Scheduled for Saturday, April 16 Bryant-Denny Stadium </p>

<pre><code>Over the last four seasons, Alabama leads the country in spring game attendance with a combined total of 345,700 fans attending the event since 2007, an average of 86,425.
</code></pre>

<p>Jan. 25, 2011</p>

<p>TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - The University of Alabama will hold its annual A-Day Spring Football Game on Saturday, April 16, at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Admission will be free to the public and kickoff is tentatively set for 2 p.m. Further details on television coverage and events surrounding A-Day will be released at a later date.</p>

<p>Last season’s A-Day Game was televised nationally by ESPN with a then-capacity crowd of 91,312 looking on at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Over the last four seasons, Alabama leads the country in spring game attendance with a combined total of 345,700 fans attending the event since 2007, an average of 86,425. With the recently completed expansion of Bryant-Denny Stadium to a capacity of 101,821 the possibility exists of an even larger crowd in 2011.</p>

<p>In 2007, a capacity crowd of 92,138 filled the stadium. In 2008, 78,200 fans attended the spring game. In 2009, Alabama attracted 84,050 despite the game being nationally televised by ESPN. In 2010, a capacity crowd of 91,312 filled the stadium as ESPN again televised the event.</p>

<p>We’ll be there, too!</p>

<p>How do you get tickets?</p>

<p>A-Day is free to attend; no tickets are required.</p>

<p>I’ve put A-Day on my calendar and will definitely attend.</p>

<p>Who do they play?</p>

<p>Thanks – we’re learning the ropes :)</p>

<p>Bryant stadium…if you haven’t attended this you need to go! It is so much fun and makes you wish it was football season. In coming freshman parents…game day at Bama is like nothing you have ever experienced before. If you are not able to go to “A” day then make it to Parents weekend…they will start setting up the tents on the Quad on Friday afternoon and tailgating will begin early Saturday morning. It is so much fun. Make sure to attend the Elephant Stomp as well as making sure you’re out in front of the stadium to watch the team walk in. Give you goose bumps! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>lol @ “who do they play”</p>

<p>A-Day is Bama’s spring football game. They divide the roster up into two teams and play themselves. Usually it’s the 1st team offense paired with the 2nd team defense versus the 1st team defense and 2nd team offense. The rest of the roster is assigned to one team or another based on needs and depth concerns. The winning teams gets a steak dinner while the losing team gets to eat beans & weenies :-)</p>

<p>The actual game itself usually isn’t anything great. But it does give you a chance to see some of the younger kids who haven’t played much yet. And this years game will have the added drama of seeing AJ McCarron and Phillip Sims battle it out to see who will win the starting QB job. Although that may not be officially settled until fall practice. </p>

<p>Also the atmosphere on campus is great and people tailgate just like it were a real game. The quad will be rocking and you’ll have a great time. </p>

<p>Tickets are free and you can sit anywhere, but it’s first come first served. Saban’s first year here they had to turn away thousands because the place was packed. Last year was almost at capacity so if you want to get a good seat be sure and get into the stadium early. </p>

<p>Coach Saban continues to bring up A-Day attendance as one of the things that helps him recruit the most. The passion and love Alabama fans show for their team is unequaled anywhere else. So if you can make it try and go. You’ll have a blast.</p>

<p>BTW, concession stands will be open but might be limited as to what they offer.</p>

<p>FYI…If you are coming in from out of town and planning to spend nights in a hotel I would suggest you call and book your room ASPA. We have ours booked and have heard that rooms are already being snatched up. Also several sororities on campus are having Parents Weekend that weekend so that might be a factor as well.</p>

<p>Does the Million Dollar Band participate on A-Day?</p>

<p>I think so but doesn’t sound like a big half time show…see below</p>

<p>“High school students are also invited to play with the Million Dollar Band each spring at the annual “A” Day presented by Alabama Football Team. Students perform along with members of the MDB at the “Walk of Champions” ceremony and then sit in the stands and play cheers and music for the team. This a great way to get an inside look at the MDB and perform at one of the most exciting events at the university. More information can be found in the spring on the MDB website.”</p>

<p>Just an FYI – my husband made reservations at the Hampton Inn today for Fri and Sat nights and found out that several other Hilton properties (Garden Inn and another Hampton) are already sold out!!</p>

<p>I’m so jealous! Wish we were going but I can’t see traveling down when we’ll be there a few weeks later for moving out! You will have a blast! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I know that A-Day is free, but do you still need to get tickets? If so, how do you get them, and is there a way to get them in advance over the phone or internet?
Help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!</p>

<p>No tickets are issued. You simply walk through the gates and try to find the best seat you can get. It’s strictly first come first served. </p>

<p>There may be a few sections blocked off for athletic department use but for the most part you can sit any where you like. I’d advise getting in line a bit before the gates open if you want a lower level sideline seat.</p>

<p>There will be lots of tailgating on the quad and concession stands will be open inside the stadium.</p>

<p>That is great! Thank you SO much!!!</p>