A-G courses for UC/CSU applications

<p>Hey guys! I have a quick question… On the California State University website it says that students must complete A-G college preparatory pattern of courses in order to get admitted or something. </p>

<p>The thing is, I went to high school outside of the States even though I’m domestic and did under the IB curriculum… So does the A-G course thing apply to me or to the Californian residents only? And also it says if I’m missing some courses, I have to take it at a community college or something, does it mean I take those courses in a CC WHILE I’m at university or before university?</p>

<p>Yes, these requirements apply to you. Consult admissions reps or your guidance counselor to be sure that your courses qualify. Unlike in California, your HS courses have not been reviewed/pre-approved.</p>

<p>*A-G courses are the list of classes, by year, that you have had to completed by the end of your Senior year. For example, “A” is the History requirement, and it states that you would have to take 2 years of history to be qualified. One of those years has to be US History.
*IB courses will fulfill the A-G requirement as long as you have completed all the years of required classes. Go here for the complete list and requirements: <a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/freshman/subject_reqs.html[/url]”>http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/freshman/subject_reqs.html&lt;/a&gt;
*If you have not fulfilled the A-G requirement you need to complete them before you graduate, which means you would have to take them at CC or an online course. If you do, I suggest nuvhs.org. It’s meant for high school students and they offer every class any high school student would need to fulfill the A-G courses, PLUS more AND you can finish each class within 4 weeks. I’m sure you won’t need to though because I’m familiar with the IB system and you probably have already completed the A-G fulfillment.</p>

<p>thanks for your reply yay! :)</p>

<p>i saw the US history (part a) course on the list though… the only social science i’ve done was economics HL… and i’m quite worried about the performance arts/visual (part f) since i haven’t taken it before!</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply~</p>

<p>HS courses?</p>

<p>Besides fulfilling a-g courses, the other way you can qualify for admission is by testing (“Examination”) alone. It requires a 710+ average on five tests for OOS applicants.</p>

<p>so would i need to fill out the a-g courses part on the application form?</p>