A-G requirements (9-11th or 9-12th)?

<p>I know the requirement is 35 semesters, but do we include senior year as well? Second semester is not even over so do we include it still? Or count only first semester?</p>

<p>B/c otherwise, I’d have less than 35 if I don’t count senior year…</p>

<p>It definitely counts senior year.</p>

<p>English is required for 4 years, for example. If they didn't count senior year, no one could meet this requirement.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply, and also- I took Alg. in 8th grade, but wasn't able to put in application. Will they assume I took alg 1?</p>

<p>Yeah, the same thing happened for me. Just as long as you have at least two years of math through Algebra II you're fine.</p>

<p>9th-12th. Since they don't see your senior year grades, you simply have to be enrolled and once your admitted you send them your transcript w/ the last requirements fulfilled.</p>

<p>can someone explain the a-g courses beyond the minimum? my school is based on the two semester system.</p>

<p>Some schools allow students to take more courses in a semester or to skip courses that are not a-g eligible in order to take more academic courseloads. The minimum equates to 15 two-semester classes (e.g. four semesters of history/social science with some additional specifications for types of those classes that must be taken). In other words, 30 semesters of classes. </p>

<p>Over four years, that is just under four courses per semester. If you take five a-g type courses per semester, you could complete 40 a-g courses at graduation, which is more than the minimum. </p>

<p>Does this answer your question?</p>

<p>so all 4 years are included? Does a 2 semester class counts as 1 or 2? and is there any difference perhaps in weight for AP classes? thanks</p>

<p>I think it was UCSD's point system where i read that there is some distinction regarding college courses counting as more. maybe this mean actual courses taken at a college...lol...</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>college courses - even if they are 1 quarter or 1 semester long counts as 2 a-g
1 year long, 2 semester long class - counts as 2 a-g</p>

<p>college courses - even if they are 1 quarter or 1 semester long counts as 2 a-g
1 year long, 2 semester long class - counts as 2 a-g</p>

<p>thanks, got it.</p>