A hint of admission:

<p>I just got this email from UM:
Dear Person X:</p>

<p>We hope to begin mailing admission decisions in the middle of March. To ensure that your letter arrives without delay, please go to myUM to the </p>

<p>Srry somehow i was not able to post it all.
Here is the message:
We hope to begin mailing admission decisions in the middle of March. To ensure that your letter arrives without delay, please go to myUM to the Update personal and biographical information section located in the lower right hand corner of the page. please verify that mailing address is correct. If you need to make any changes, please do so within the next few days. </p>

<p>Could this mean that they have made a decision? Has anyone gotten a similar email?</p>

<p>damn what were ur stats? did u apply as a freshman or transfer? it prolly means ur in</p>

<p>Jayhawk I applied as a freshman. Why would u think im in. Did u get a similar email followed by acceptance?</p>

<p>It probably doesn't mean that you are in, but that they have made a decision on your application. Whether your in or not is probably not hinted in this email.</p>

<p>But, I do hope that in means you are in, because my grades are a little bit higher then yours, and you getting in means I have a good shot!</p>

<p>And I know its not all about grades, but I'm very confident in my ec's</p>

<p>i got in last year with a full scholarship and i never recieved a letter like that.</p>

<p>however, they did mail me my acceptance letter early, like 2 weeks before the 'announced' date.</p>

<p>I got my acceptance and a full scholarship, a week after they sent the EA. I applied RD but I guess they really want me. Never heard of such an email though. Maybe they are sending you a hint.... Be happy!</p>

<p>:D
I AMMM :D lol
However i havent gotten an email directly telling me, im in?
that worries me :P
I doubt they would worry about telling me their sending out a decision soon if theyve rejected me. its just well, no need to get a person all excited if there gonna turn them down.</p>

<p>Any other RDs for this year who have GOTTEN IN ALREADY get this email?</p>

<p>Movie Buff - you got a full scholarship offer in the mail? That's interesting. I thought everyone got at most a 3/4 scholarship offer in the mail and those who qualified got an invitation to attend the Singer Scholarship (full tuition) competition weekend, which isn't until the end of March. I didn't know they just gave some people the full tuition scholarship without having to attend the weekend.</p>

<p>My daughter just received her acceptance and a 2/3 scholarship in the mail. Does anyone know if UM gives $ for National Merit finalists in addition to this university scholarship? She hasn't listed a college yet for national merit and is curious about the $ amount. Thanks.</p>

<p>I really dont see how this is a hint of admission. I mean when I applied to Yale they sent me an email telling me to make sure I check for my decision on the site on a certain date, but I was deferred. I don't see how its positive. I was accepted into UM this year and I did not get any emails at all. I was expecting my decision on April 15, but I got it this past weekend in the mail.</p>

<p>I think that when UM wants you, they go all the way. I got the full scholarship in the mail and have continued to receive communications from them almost weekly. I applied ED and received my offer a week after they sent out the EA decisions. Certainly, it shows there is no specific pattern about the admissions.</p>

<p>Yes, we have a neighbor who was woo'ed away from going to UVa and chose UM when he received a full, yes really, a full tuition scholarship. I believe they threw in some additional perks. It isn't just what they post on the website. Those are general guidelines. He did not have to go to a scholarship "day" or compete for a prize. They just offered.</p>

<p>Fascinating! The information about the Singer Scholarship (full tuition) says that it is the most prestigious scholarship that they offer but "to receive full consideration for the Singer Scholarship, student competitors are expected to attend all scheduled activities on Friday, March 30 and Saturday, March 31." The weekend is paid for by UM - all food and hotel for the candidate and family - so it's not a bad deal in any case.
Obviously, there are people who don't have to go through the competition though, even though they don't say that.</p>

<p>Well this is fromt he office of international admissions. Therefore they may have different procedures than for domestic students since their office is separate to the office of undergraduate admissions. I guess it does not mean im admitted and or rejected for that matter. I think it might mean they have made a decision or someone is as we speak making a decision and should be mailing it within the next few days.</p>

<p>Acarta, I didn't realize that you were applying as an international student.</p>

<p>I think all international students get those emails.</p>

<p>yea well thats what I was thinking. But oh well, I hope i get in! :D
lol</p>

<p>WELLL
I guess it was a hint! :D
cause i got in!
wooooohoooooo :D</p>

<p>Congrats acarta!</p>

<p>Could you please post your complete exact stats?? Like gpa, classes, sats, ecs, what country etc.</p>

<p>Also - how did you find out? Did you see the 'your a cane' message or did you get it in the mail?</p>

<p>Again - congrats!</p>