A&M 2024 Holistic Review

Has anyone heard from admissions?

I haven’t but apparently decisions go out in feb, what was your SAT Score mine was a 1260

nope :confused: i’m honestly getting really worried as time goes on but it feels good to know y’all are in the same boat :slight_smile:

I haven’t. I’m 2Q non ranking district with a 30 ACT (26 math, 31 science, 33 reading, 30 English) we will probably start hearing after the deadline- December 1.

@tamuletmein nice username my guy, and same stats here but i’ve got a 1300 sat, i’m scared of getting psa

which major did you apply to

haha thank you! I applied to Public Health first choice and Biology second choice. My scores are above the average for TAMU on both SAT and ACT but I’m so scared because of the class rank. My GPA is a 3.7 but I don’t think they review GPA for review applicants. I’m hoping for blinn team!!

what major did you apply to @m0tionsickn3ss

@tamuletmein hahah my gpa is a 3.7 too! i applied for mays as my first and then communications as my second choice, i would only accept a full offer tho, but i feel like you have a really good chance! honestly, the longer i wait the more interest i lose unfortunately but i’m holding out hope

ugh I feel your pain. are you in-state? I’ve applied to multiple other schools and have heard back so fast, with each one offering pretty good money. TAMU has always been my dream school, but they are really going to miss out on students who genuinely want to go there and would be great Aggies if they don’t look at other factors than just class rank. we got this!!

yeah i’m in state hbu? omg that’s crazyy we’re legit in the same situation, i got a great offer from baylor and i’m really starting to think about it more and more, but my dream schools have always been ut and tamu. i heard they’re not doing the academic admits next year tho but honestly idk. also feel free to pm me if you want, i really hope we can both get in !! :relaxed:

Hey :slight_smile: I’m also in the same boat as yall and havent heard anything… its making me really nervous and I really hope we don’t have to wait all the way until Feburary.

@gigem88 ayy join the club hahah, i’m really nervous too, here’s hoping we both have good news soon

Hey guys I am sort of in the same boat as y’all lol. I am in-state and go to a very competitive HS. I have a 3.9 GPA and am ranked 43/244. It is about 18%. I have a 25 ACT 29 Math 23 English 24 reading 24 science. (I am good at math but bad at standardized English testing haha).But Yeah, I am totally with y’all. Getting nervous, and I just want to know already! Good luck to you guys.

Has anyone heard anything?

@kjhawk Haven’t heard - don’t expect to until Jan/Feb. Did you post your stats? There are some on the boards that are good about predicting your chance.

Also, check out the forum TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion. GREAT info and very specific on admission data and criteria. It could be as late as March to hear regarding holistic reviews.

I’m also waiting to hear back, but with the break starting up I’m thinking holistic reviews wont start to hear until late January :frowning:

Quick parent question (my son is a holistic review applicant) . . . did everyone receive the following from TAMU admissions over the holidays (Dec. 23)?

"We wish you a wonderful holiday season filled with joy and treasured moments. May your days be maroon and bright! As we reflect on the accomplishments of the past year, we look forward to the great things coming in 2020. Gig 'em!

Wondering if this was a positive sign or just a canned e-mail that every applicant received? My son is on pins and needles awaiting his admission decision and felt this would be a slight to send to someone they were not planning to accept. Just curious and appreciate all of the input I have read on this site.

@amm1989 I’m pretty certain that all prospective students (admitted and still waiting) received it.

Deep breaths… Decision are coming soon! And, we’re all rooting for you! :slight_smile:

What are my chances of admission through holistic review process? Applied for engineering.
SAT 1480; math 790 Reading/writing 690
UNW GPA: 3.2 WGPA 4.2 11 AP classes with national AP scholar. Class rank 281/863. 100 + volunteer hours