A&M Chances

Do I have a chance for engineering?

SAT:1400
GPA: 3.2 on the 4.0 scale

@blazinghornet02 What is your rank and subscores? Are you math and science ready for engineering based on the courses you’ve taken? Do you have any EC, LOR, good essay, etc? AND have you already been accepted to TAMU and just waiting on engineering or are you waiting on admissions in general?

@AggieMomhelp lol my previous account was banned (I really don’t know why)but I created a new one, anyway, my school does not rank, and my subscores are 710 math and 690 reading. I am an eagle scout and had leadership positions in my school’s marching band for four years. I also have 140+ volunteer hours with a veterans’ affairs hospital. I have a solid essay, and I am still waiting to get accepted in to the university. I am hoping my SAT can carry me.

@blazinghornet_22 how weird you were banned. They will usually message you to tell you the infraction. Anyway, even though your school doesn’t rank, TAMU will place you in a quarter (1st, 2nd, etc.). If you are top quarter then you’ll b e an academic admit. If you are 2nd quarter, I still believe you’ll get in, but under review. As for engineering… depends on your math and science readiness.

Your stats are impressive as are your ECs, EAGLE scout is HUGE! Great job! Good Luck and keep us posted (and try not to get banned again). lol

@blazinghornet_22
A moderator could have banned you for inconsistent posts about your qualifications. Under your old user name, in July you said you were in the first quarter of your graduating class and in September you were in the top half, at 40%. And now you school does not rank. Which is it? Because the way you presented yourself, you have been misleading. Mods will ban people who come on CC and play games with fake credentials.

If you were in the top 25% with a 1400 and had the qualifying sub scores, you would be an auto admit to the university. A good score on SAT alone will not get you into engineering. Neither will any of your EC’s if you are not sufficient in your math and physics readiness. Getting in to Engineering isn’t the hard part. Staying in is.