A&M changing major as transfer??

<p>I was accepted into A&M for the fall with my 1st major being denied for Business School. </p>

<p>They accepted Philosophy, my 2nd choice... however they have told me that you need 30 hours at the school prior to switching majors (not sure if this is only a business requirement, applied for finance). I will have 60 hours after this spring. </p>

<p>Wanted to know if it would be difficult for me to switch into an engineering or a different business major once I'm enrolled or if I'm pretty much stuck with Phil? I would have a 3.54-3.6 GPA after this semester and could take any pre-req courses this summer, and further boost my GPA. </p>

<p>Is this possible? </p>

<p><strong>note, have no interest in phil, have been taking finance classes at my current college</strong></p>

<p>Hey! So I’m kind of doing the same thing. Yes it’s possible, but you need to take required classes for the major you want to switch into. The best way to do this is to speak with an admissions counselor before you register!</p>

<p>thanks for response! do u think its going to be an issue with them putting me in philosophy if i need to be taking physics and comsci classes for the computer engineering degree? trying to save time with courses, and keep hearing different things on the transfer hour requirement. ill call the engineering dept tho </p>

<p>Once at A&M you have to have AT LEAST 30 hours taken at TAMU, less than 70 hours overall (including other university) WITH the business Pre- requisites with ATLEAST a 3.3 at A&M… and also, you can’t enroll in any business courses unless you are an Agribusiness major or a Mays Business student. (except minor ones…which is like ACCT 209 NOT ACCT 229, 209 is for people minoring in business). Along with this, they only accept like 75 people in the Fall… so it’s pretty much impossible. Your closest bet would be Agribusiness which has no hour cap and few pre-reqs to change major into or Economics which has a 90 hour cap, and only 4 pre-req courses. </p>

<p>Now, for Engineering, it’s pretty much the same thing. It is VERY VERY VERY competitive, you have to have all of the pre-reqs (and to enroll in them, you have to be a certain major, pretty sure philosophy won’t let you in) You have to have 2 physics, 2 chem, (or one …), and the 2 ENGR classes, and like 2-3 Calculus’ done. Honestly, if you’re coming into Philosophy and you want to change your major, go with Economics, AgEcon, Agribusiness or some other Ag major. </p>

<p>Also, your first semester as a transfer student, you sign an agreement following the degree plan for one semester that your advisers put you in, along with signing up for atleast 3-6 hours of philosophy courses every semester after that (unless you change the next semester of course). I transferred into communications, and am currently waiting on a response from Agribusiness/ AgEcon for next semester. </p>