A&M Dwight look college of Engineering

<p>I plan to apply to the Dwight look college of Engineering at A&M. To my understanding, it is a rolling admission. A bit of background info: Current Junior. I moved to Houston for my freshmen year of high school from the middle east......my English wasn't great and i experienced a culture shock so my grades suffered freshman year- I andjusted by sophmore year, and have been hitting a 4.0 for the past 2 years. i will explain this in one of my essays. I go to a very competitive high school. I have a 3.75 GPA and ranked 34% in my class. My SAT was a 1830. (1220 Math and CR( 510 reading 710 math)). I created my own club- i am the founder and president- in order to show leadership. 150+ hrs of volunteer work. 2 sports, one varsity and one JV. This year i have taken AP LANG and AP environmental science. I will take AP CHEM and AP STATS next year as a senior. I applied to a week long summer architecture camp at A&M and got accepted. I also did so to a nuclear engineering camp at UT Arlington and got accepted.I was chosen by my engineering teacher to go to a competition in NASA against other states. I had a summer job and a management company.
I am applying on the FIRST day admissions are open because i know that the sooner i apply the better. Since i will be a review admit, will i be reviewed after the automatic admits, or will i be reviewed in the same order as others applied in? and what are my chances; i feel like i wont get in simply because of my class rank. I also feel that my SAT is low considering i am a review applicant However, i did my best at everything else such as leadership, clubs and extra curricular. Any advice? and What are my chances? and if i apply on the first day possible, will my application be reviewed as soon as they get it or after auto admits?</p>

<p>As far as classes for your senior year go, I would be much more concerned about taking AP Calculus (which you had no mention of) and AP Physics C, rather than AP Stats or AP Chem. Calc and Physics would get you a lot farther on the track of becoming an Engineering major than Stats ever will.</p>

<p>If you plan on submitting the application the first day it is open, be sure to finish it over the summer (i.e. work on your essays, get all of your information straightened out, have your school send out your transcript ASAP). It is much easier to say that you are going to submit it on the first day rather than actually doing it.</p>

<p>As long as you have your essays finished and are not an independent student or have special family circumstances, the application is rather self-explanatory. I say that because as an independent student (who did not know he was considered one until after-the-fact), I had to do a dependency override after I got admitted, and it is a lot easier to get your application right the first time rather than fix details later on. If you find who the admissions officer for you school is, he/she will also be willing to help you with your application.</p>

<p>No one will ever be able to tell you with 100% assurance whether or not you will be admitted or denied except the admissions office themselves. I personally think you would get in, but that is just based on my opinion and little first-hand experience.</p>