A&M Engineering Review

So I just received my acceptance letter to A&M today but they sent it on the 13th saying that I am in engineering review and I will hear if I got into the engineering program by the 15th. I applied for a biomedical engineering major. I haven’t received any emails or anything, but in AIS it says that my college is EN (engineering), my major is general engineering (biomedical) and my degree is BAC. Does this mean I am admitted into the engineering program just not biomedical or I’m still in review or what?

hey!! I think you are admitted! I know I’m still in review for aero eng because my AIS says College UN and Major Engineering Review. I’m pretty sure that if they changed your college/major to the one you applied for you were admitted. I’d wait for other ppl to reply too though, just in case.

Can I ask when you applied and everything? I’m out of state and did it on Nov. 30, my status changed on Jan 15 to admitted but under eng review. this wait to find out if im admitted into my major is killllllling me :expressionless:

@bluedj05 Congratulations your in!! Per Jon on the texags site what your seeing is that you have been accepted into Engineering and since its your undergrad your degree is Bacholors- again contratulations.

Thank you :slight_smile: I emailed the school too and they said that they place all freshman in general engineering with a preference the what field they want to go into so they can explore more options in engineering and all that, then they are officially placed in that program sophomore year. And @itstheruch I applied sometime late October, early November. I don’t exactly remember but sometime around then. I am also technically “out of state” because I’ve only lived in Texas for six months so I don’t think that will affect your timing too much. Good luck and hope you get in!

@itstheruch I’m in the same boat as you. Hoping I got into Engineering but if I don’t I’m not sure if I should just go into A&M as a physics major and hope to transfer or go to other schools I got accepted into. I love A&M but I’m OOS and to pay all that money when I can’t even do the major I wanted makes me think twice about where to go.

@Justbeingme2015‌ yeah…i totally get you. college in general isn’t worth it if you aren’t gonna get to do what you wanted hahaha. You applied to other schools, right?

@itstheruch Yeah of course. I’m in California so I applied to a lot of UC schools (UCLA, UCSD, etc). Just recently got into Clemson and waiting on U Wash and U Illinois, but Texas A&M was always my first choice. I love their traditions and what they stand for, but only time will tell where we all end up. Any other schools you applied to or got into?

@Justbeingme2015, I don’t want to discourage you from A&M – it’s a great school that I love. And I trust you’ll make a great decision for yourself – you certainly don’t need my advice! But I wanted to validate your thinking. I would be thinking the same thing. And if it were my son with your choices, I would be encouraging him to go elsewhere.

There’s a lot to be said for going to the school that really wants you – as long as it’s also a school that you really want. If you were wise about your application choices, you only applied to schools that you really liked – schools that are a great fit for you, schools where you’ll be happy.

It seems to me, and it has been my family’s experience, that people are happiest in the schools that want them the most – that is, if the student wisely applied only to schools that were a great fit.

When the school really wants you and when you really like that school, in most cases, you will find more opportunities there, feel more valued there, and actually feel a better fit there – which will have a hugely positive impact on your college experience and, likely, the rest of your life. That is how I see things.

I’m really sorry that your top choice school (A&M) didn’t make you a top choice priority. You sound like a great candidate to me, from what I can tell. But if my son were in your shoes and had other appealing options, I would encourage him to take one of the other options. He was somebody who very strongly wanted to enter an engineering program (and has). For that reason, there is no way I would want him to enter A&M as, say, a physics major, over entering his second choice school, that he also liked, as an engineering major! That’s just how I feel about it. For him, that would have been the right thing to do – though he is not in your shoes.

I don’t know you from Adam, so I’m not sure if my sentiment about this is appropriate for you or not. But I did want to validate your thinking.

If A&M is everything to you … if you really, really love the school and nothing else comes close, then sure. Pick A&M. But if you really, really want to major in engineering above all else and you like another school well enough to do that, then maybe you should consider the other school that has accepted you into their engineering program – which is to say, they think you’re up for the job and would be an asset to their program.

That’s how I see things. I hope it helps to hear somebody else say this stuff “out loud,” even if you ultimately disagree with my message.

Best of luck to you! :slight_smile:

@SimpleLife‌ well put and thank you!

@SimpleLife Thanks for the advice, I completely understand where you are coming from. A&M is my number one school, but I ultimately have to make the best decision for my future. Thanks!

I’m still waiting in engineering review. Does this mean that it’s unlikely that I’ll be admitted to engineering, because it’s taking so long?

@nofate I am unsure on how likely it is to get in, but I talked to a head admissions counselor. He said they were hoping to send out notifications this week if time allowed them to make the rest of their decisions.

I am also in the same spot as @nofate‌. If anyone get something in the mail that tells you about being accepted can you tell me when you got it. Thank you

My D just got denied engineering. Heard via email. I have no idea what their criteria is as she’s first in her class, 33 ACT, goes to an early college STEM school.

When did she apply? If she applied later in the cycle that is probably the reason.

My S got denied Engineering (32 ACT) today, but not auto admit. Was offered TAMU admission mid-Dec.

They are offering 2 choices -

1. Change to another available major with full TAMU admission
  2. Join their Blinn Team with NO guarantee to Engineering (only to TAMU which my son already has)

Any recommendations ? What are the chances of transferring into COE after the end of the First Semester? Any suitable Majors that have the same courses as Engineering majors given that the 1st year is common ?

I was denied COE at A&M today too. I’m surprised because I’m top 2% with a 33 ACT, but it looks like they rejected a lot of top applicants so I don’t feel bad. I was offered Blinn Engineering but I think I’ll just go to UT engineering as they’ve accepted me. Good luck to all of you!

I was denied COE at A&M today too… 31 ACT, 2080 SAT, Valedictorian this year. Still waiting to hear back from UT Engineering.

I got accepted into the Dwight Look COE at A&M today. I surprised that so many qualified candidates were denied. It makes me wonder how they decided on the review applicants.

@ClassicalCollege‌ what were your stats??