A&M or CAP UT Austin or Honors at UTSA

<p>Can someone please tell me which would be the better route? I'm doing premed.</p>

<p>Well, in order to give you a straight answer I need more information about your study habits, social life, etc. I’m assuming you were in the top 10-12% of your class, had decent SAT scores, and significant extracurricular activities on your application to get into TAMU, but not UT. TAMU has a true holistic style of admissions, which means they saw potential in you.</p>

<p>The question you have ask yourself is where will you excel? Are you easily distracted? Are you independent? Can you be responsible and maintain a 3.0 or better? </p>

<p>If you think you’re going to struggle your first semester, I wouldn’t even think about UT. You’re only setting yourself up for disaster, and you’re probably going to spend a lot of time and money doing it. </p>

<p>TAMU’s science classes are killer from what I’ve heard, but that degree is going to weigh a little more come time for med school. You’ll probably have better resources for med school at the bigger schools. </p>

<p>My advice to you would be to look at the percentage of premed students that got into med school from each university, and make your decision that way. If you’re absolutely certain that med school is your ultimate goal, then chose the school that is most likely going to get you there. </p>

<p>My study habits vary. I study ahead of the class, do extra hw and look online for video tutorials. My social life is average. I associate with many people and that’s because of volunteering events but when I’m not volunteering I only hang with my best friend. We hang everyday basically. What do you mean by where I will excel? You’re spot on about me. I was 10%/ I’m not easily distracted if I go to the library. I am fairly independent. Yes, I can maintain a 3.0. Probably even higher. Alright, thank you very much.</p>

<p>My son is taking an Honors course at UTSA as a HIGH SCHOOL student and he is tops in his class. Naturally, I am proud of him, BUT it does say something about the rigor of honors course at UTSA. My other son, who also took course at UTSA in high school and is now at A&M says there is a huge difference in the caliber of courses.</p>

<p>I’m in the same boat but don’t know what to choose. [-X </p>

<p>Howdy, with your stats I am pretty sure you would do well on the science classes. I got A’s in biology and chemistry, even with the worst professors ever, and honestly I liked it more here in A&M. Just my opinion</p>

<p>I see. Thank you very much for your input guys! </p>

<p>@TexasAtHome
You should be proud of your boys. That’s good(:</p>

<p>@Collegeboyy14</p>

<p>Good luck on choosing!</p>

<p>@wiiplay4
I’ll take that into consideration(:</p>