A&M Scholarships for Engineering Honors

Hello, I was just wondering whether A&M gives scholarships to engineering honors students and if they do how much is it?

Anyone?..

TAMU Honors, incoming freshman if they graduated in the top 10% of their high school class and have an SAT of at least 1310 (reading/writing + math, with minimums of 660 and 620, respectively) or a composite 28 on the ACT (minimum score of 27 each on verbal and math) OR 2) at their regularly scheduled registration time as a current student if they have earned a cumulative GPR of 3.5 or better. https://honorsprograms.tamu.edu/

Almost entire freshman Engineering students are eligible or meet 2/3 criteria for honors program. TAMU is very generous regarding freshman scholarships but only top 2-4% receive any merit $$, (just guessing on the percentage).

No mention of scholarships for honor program at https://scholarships.tamu.edu/

You may ask your counselor for any departmental scholarships. Good Luck.

I don’t have a dog in the fight this year. My daughter was accepted into engineering last year at TAMU. Maybe her mistake was not applying for honors?

10 rank (out of almost 700) and 34 ACT = $0.00 from TAMU.

The only student from her school to report any scholarship $$ from TAMU was URM and reportedly also had need. Solid student and great kid also but not in the top 30 I don’t even think and would be surprised if test scores were anything more than 32.

A friend texted me from an accepted student visit day (I think that’s what it was). They were told over 5,000 students met the criteria published by @texaggie above. They awarded only about 600-700 with merit. My opinion is these awards have a strong and unspoken need component. But that’s just my personal hunch. D did not apply for Honors and she declined her acceptance in early March–both of which may have hurt her chances for any merit $$.

I think a most of those that get Merit only scholarships are National Merit Scholars. TAMU is very generous with NMF.

Based on the 2015-2016 NMSC Annual report, A&M enrolled 97 NM Finalists last year. I agree on the generosity of the program. My OOS D (accepted for 2018) would get essentially full tuition.