A parent's questions for any CC students who may be on here

My daughter was fortunate enough to be admitted to CC and is seriously considering it (alongside several other LACs). We visited last Fall and loved it. Questions on my mind: (1) How significant are fraternities/sororities to campus social life? (2) Where does the school fall on the liberal/conservative spectrum? (3) How often do you walk into town and go to places like that excellent ice cream shop (Josh’s?) or restaurants, etc.? Seems like a bit of a walk, but probably doable?

Hi, I’m currently a freshman at CC! There aren’t many frats/sororities. They do have some impact on campus social life, but not a huge impact. The school is pretty liberal, although the city of Co Springs is very conservative. We go downtown quite frequently, especially on the weekends–the weather’s often nice, and the walk isn’t bad at all. Hope this helps, and good luck to your daughter with her decision!

I agree with allycat. This is probably the least Greek college in the country. Greek organizationsplay no bigger role on campus than any other group such as Carnivore Club,etc. I am not aware of any of the ‘town/gown’ friction that is sometimes the case, but CC is pretty liberal and Colorado Springs is the most conservative place this side of Utah. As for proximity to ‘downtown’ the north end of Tejon has many eateries and shops. The walk is no worse than Duke West Campus or Vanderbilt or Georgia Tech. I don’t think students here think the walk is too crazy.