A question about parking permits

<p>D is taking a car to campus for the first time for spring semester. From what I can make out on Mybama, semester passes can only be purchased in person on campus. D is concerned about getting a ticket before she can go by to get her permit on Monday. Any ideas or advice?</p>

<p>Tickets wont be issued until the term starts Wednesday except in 24/7 Faculty-in-residence spots, handicap spots, loading zones, etc.</p>

<p>Also, at other times, a student can always park in the “pay” parking in the structure near the Student Services building. the pay entrance is in the back. cost is $3…I think you can also use your ACT card.</p>

<p>Sigh of relief!</p>

<p>So, what is the parking deal for CSDay? Anyone know? I will be picking my nephew up at the airport on Thursday night, then he’ll tour and do appts on Friday, and then do CSDay on Saturday.</p>

<p>I know that I can park in pay parking by Student Services, but since I’ll be showing him around campus during his unscheduled times, I’ll need some kind of permit for those times.</p>

<p>mom2ck: That is just terrific that you will be giving your nephew a personalized tour of campus. </p>

<p>Boy, did he luck out, he will have the very BEST tour guide ever.
You have always been a “fountain of knowledge” for me and for many of us here on CC.</p>

<p>Hope he loves UA as much as we do!</p>