A Question About TAG and the UC Transfer Process

Hello all!

I’m a recent high school graduate who hasn’t made a ton of great decisions, and I’m currently registered to attend one of the many community colleges in Southern California.

My heart’s set on transferring to UCSB after I fulfill the TAG requirements, but I have a question about that. Do my previous grades within high school have any bearing on my eligibility to transfer to UCSB? That is, if I received any grades under a C during my senior year will I have to make them up?

Also, I’m planning to make a few calls today to ask how long it usually takes to become qualified for the TAG program, but if you fellows here could answer that question that’d be amazing.

Thank you!

UCSB only accepts Junior level transfers (60 semester units/90 quarter units) by Spring prior to transfer and none of the UC’s require HS grades for admission consideration.
Here is the TAG matrix for all campuses and I would post on the UC Transfer subforum for more enlightened responses from long time CC posters.

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/files/tag-matrix.pdf

Your high school record won’t be considered.

TAG is an awesome program that helps thousands of CC students move on to UCs every year.

Unless you need a bunch of remedial course-work, it is very possible to accumulate the units and qualify after a year, then transfer in 2.

Understand, the thresholds and requirements are firm - meaning non-negotiable. You need to meet the GPA threshold when you apply (without rounding up) and you have to take ALL the required classes.

Good luck.

@Gumbymom @NCalRent Reviving this dead thread just to give an update–I was accepted to UCSB last week as a Junior transfer! I guess you don’t need 2 years and TAG after all, haha.

Congratulations and great news!!!

Congrats!