A quick question about the 3rd optional personal statement

<p>If I wrote like couple of lines about a family trauma (death) in this section, is it ok?</p>

<p>Let me just clarify to anyone who might be confused from reading this, the third personal statement is NOT optional, but the topic for your essay is optional.
Since you can write about whatever you want, it's okay to write about a death. That would be good especially if it caused a great hardship to you. For example, dont think that losing your great grandmother is going to set you apart from very many people though, but if she was your inspiration for something than definitely write about that.</p>

<p>I wrote about the death of my grandfather and grandmother and how they played a significant role in my childhood. basically 2 sentences because I thought that i wasn't suppose to write a lot here.</p>

<p>um, what?</p>

<p>the transfer applicant essay wasn't optional?</p>

<p>It was optional and I think what amby262roy did was right, they usually just expect a few words about things they need to keep in consideration while reviewing your application. Someone who had experience with the application process can clarify/confirm but I'm pretty sure that's all it is.</p>

<p>hopefully
thanks I<em>Was</em>Here=)</p>

<p>spellingbead, wow............................................</p>

<p>um nobody said anything about the transfer application...since this isnt the transfer board I figured this was about the freshman application.</p>

<p>it is about freshman application</p>

<p>and its optional. just to clear that up</p>

<p>
[quote]
Let me just clarify to anyone who might be confused from reading this, the third personal statement is NOT optional, but the topic for your essay is optional.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>lol what?</p>

<p>(10 char)</p>

<p>If this is the same 3rd optional statement on last year's app, the statement itself is optional, not the topic. </p>

<p>I wrote about a program at Brown University since I had no more room on my App to include it haha. It only has to be like a paragraph.</p>

<p>Yep, if it was the same as last year's it was optional. But I'm they are expecting you to put something there. and it can be anything. it could be an award that you wanted to put in the award section but ran out of run. I actually just did bullet points. like a sentence of the situation and a sentence explaining it</p>

<p>Its kind of a shame to waste that open question with just a few sentences. Most people write an essay for that.</p>