A Very Random Question, but

<p>Is there anyone who has gotten into a decent UC within this past year with about a 3.7-3.8 UC GPA. If so, what was special in your application, i.e–extra curriculars, high SAT scores</p>

<p>I am primarily wondering for those who got into </p>

<p>UCSB
UCI
UCD
For 2009</p>

<p>and just for the heck of it
UCLA
UCB
UCSD</p>

<p>bUMPP please</p>

<p>I actually know of someone with that 3.7 who got into UCSD but they had a 2020 SAT and they wrote about their dad dying as a life-changing experience.</p>

<p>^and they got in this past year?</p>

<p>bump please</p>

<p>i got into UCI with a 3.6…i was actually very surprised.
i was waitlisted for UCD but appealed and got in.</p>

<p>i got a 1740 on my SAT and a 27 on my ACT.</p>

<p>i didn’t really have extra curriculars that stood out.
i’m guessing my essays helped.</p>

<p>Stats similar to previous post (havefaith).
rejected - UCD and UCSB
accepted - UCSC
will attend - CP SLO</p>

<p>can someone please keep this going</p>

<p>The guy I mentioned was of UCSD 2012</p>

<p>I had a 3.79 UC GPA and a 1940 SAT score and got into UCR, UCSC, UCD, UCI, UCSB and UCSD. I should mention I went to a top 10 public high school in CA so that may have had something to do with it. </p>

<p>I’m UCSD 2012.</p>

<p>bump please</p>

<p>I heard UCD was real light accepted ppl with 3.2s. It really depends one the essay. A guy with a 4.2 got rejected from UCR</p>

<p>and please dont use the word decent since all UCs give the same education you make ppl that attend SC,R,and M look like we are not “decent”</p>

<p>Got into UCSD/UCSB with around a 3.7. Had a 2100 SATI and 700/740 SATIIs. ECs weren’t that great.</p>

<p>Jason2009 is a bit misinformed. In fact, less than half of the UCs actually even consider the essay. They merely scan them to see if they mention any hardships or special talents. </p>

<p>Yeah, I also know a guy with a GPA of about 4.0 that didn’t get into UCR…but that was because he didn’t take the SATIIs and didn’t complete A-G. It is probably the same case for the guy you hear about.</p>

<p>…and UC Davis was actually pretty tough this year. They rejected people with 2000+ SATs and 4.0 GPAs.</p>

<p>I’d say your GPA is good for UCSB…as long as your SAT score is around 1900…</p>

<p>actually a good friend of mine git into sc without taking a fine art or sat 2 i really depends on a case by case basis</p>

<p>for Davis, you should check out the spreadsheet.
For those of you looking through this thread, trying to figure out if they’ll get in for next year, it could guide you with what last minute things you can do.
(I.e. starting/being President of a club, for next year)</p>

<p>[ucd</a> score](<a href=“http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pKB1yD5iQn_89XJagnVWmIQ]ucd”>http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pKB1yD5iQn_89XJagnVWmIQ)</p>

<p>What counts as a summer program for Davis… does a pre collegiate class at Cal count?</p>

<p>back in 2007,i got into UCSB with a 3.2 GPA and a 33 ACT.</p>