AA Move In Question

<p>Our S is the only one of his roommates who is participating in AA and thus will be the only one moving in early. We are wondering if instead of getting a hotel room for us parents, if we should just bring an air mattress and sleep in the dorm. Is this against the rules? Will our kid be forever known as the one who parents spent the night with him? It just seeks it would be so much easier to stay ey with</p>

<p>Quite honestly no one would even notice.</p>

<p>Apparently you can’t edit posts via the mobile app, didn’t mean to send the post like that. Those of you have done the move in already, is staying in the dorm a good or bad idea?</p>

<p>No big deal. Parents do it all the time…especially on game nights when a hotel can’t be had. No one cares. You can crash in the living room.</p>

<p>I think that’s one reason why many kids do move to apts after the first year…it makes this even easier to do.</p>

<p>^^^Like M2ck said, parents do this all the time. Our D has a friend who is understandably very afraid of severe storms and comes down to stay with our D if a severe storm occurs and her own roomies are gone home for the weekend. We picked up a folding cot at Academy Sports on Greensboro on sale for $49.00. It fits perfectly beneath D’s lofted bed and serves not only as a relatively comfy extra bed for a guest, but also as a comfy study/lounge place when she so desires. When she doesn’t need/want it, it folds and stores beneath her bed or in her closet. It has a removable mattress and coils, not springs similar to the dorm bed. The only down side will be that it takes up a considerable amount of space in my SUV for moving home. I have tried to compensate for that by bringing other items home each time I visit so I’ll have plenty of room. Anyway, it has served her and her friends well as a place for their visitors to sleep for a night or two when needed.:)</p>