AA/OA 2013 dates and info

<p>Here is the link to the descriptions of the three programs:</p>

<p>[Honors</a> Action | Honors College](<a href=“http://honors.ua.edu/honors-action]Honors”>Honors Action – honors.ua.edu | The University of Alabama) </p>

<p>Black Belt Action is new this year. Limited to 30 students I believe. Since 2009, the University Fellows have been very active in the Black Belt. I also believe the honors college is trying to get another initiative off the ground call 57 Miles (which is the distance from UA to the Marion, AL in the Black Belt). It would take place during the school year and Black Belt Action might be a nice introduction to the area and the type of work that is being done. For those that are OOS, the Black Belt is a group of some of the poorest counties in the nation. Most of the efforts of the University Fellows, 57 miles and the new Black Belt Action address the issues created by poverty and give the UA students the opportunity to work WITH the community to bring about sustainable change. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>My impatience has caused me to close out of the last pop-up window without reading it. I’m pretty sure it had something to do with the payment and how to address it. If anybody knows where to send the check and who to address it to, please let me know!</p>

<p>Please send the liability form and the check to: Honors College, Attn: Alabama Action,
Box 870169, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487. It would have been easier if they’d put the address on the liability form itself.</p>

<p>How quickly does this fill up?</p>

<p>DS forget to drop the check in the mail. Assuming it is mailed by tomorrow, will he have a good shot of getting into Outdoor Action?</p>

<p>I was under the impression that after 150 people registered online that the application for AA would close, with a 7 day grace period given for the liability form and check to be received. Is it the first 150 folks to actually get the money “in” make the list?</p>

<p>^^ Our impression as well. First 150 in on the online application, so long as the $$ is in within 7 days. Not a postal race (so long as in 7 days).</p>

<p>Also, we are under the impression that D will get some confirmation that she’s been accepted to AA before Bama Bound, when she has to sign up for UH 103. Has that happened in past years?</p>

<p>Thanks all! I know the on-line was completed. I may just overnight the check so I don’t fret about the mail.</p>

<p>Can you call and pay via credit card? 99% sure that was an option last year.</p>

<p>drw4taww, my dd did receive confirmation that she made it into AA prior to Bama Bound last year. She also attended the very first Bama Bound session (the one day session.)</p>