AA Updates?

<p>AA looks so awesome y’all! I’m so bummed that we did not know about this program when my son was a freshman. Does anybody know if you can participate/be a leader for this in a subsequent year if you did not participate as a freshman?</p>

<p>^^^^ThorEric, my son was a mulcher!!! Lol.</p>

<p>I’ve seen on the OA thread that their fun activity was canoeing. What did the AA students do for fun?</p>

<p>As far as I know AA students didn’t have a fun activity. I know my DS’s group worked extra one day and worked until the last minute to finish the baseball field. He said they were supposed to play some games, etc., but his group just worked instead. No complaints from him though!</p>

<p>When my son did AA three years ago, the kids at least got to go out to eat at night. So he got to try Mugshots, Mellow Mushroom, and maybe some others. The dinner group was different than the day group. It was split into three and they rotated the restaurants between the three groups, so all the kids got to try all of them, and the restaurants weren’t slammed by such a large group every night. There were some nights when the whole AA group got together in the evening for dinner that was brought in and I believe games were played then. Son made a lot of friends who have wound up being roommates in later years and he still stays in touch with, three years later. As a parent, we had a great time meeting when we dropped off the kids and I’ve remained friends with those parents throughout the college years, even if our kids have never run into each other again.</p>

<p>^They still have the dinner groups and the activities in the evening for all of the participants!</p>

<p>Here’s another AA video. Looks as though the kids are having a blast.</p>

<p>[Alabama</a> Action 2013 - YouTube](<a href=“Alabama Action 2013 | A Few Extra Steps - YouTube”>Alabama Action 2013 | A Few Extra Steps - YouTube)</p>

<p>Sending it to DS who is considering this program for next year.</p>