AAJA JCamp 2022

I haven’t seen a thread here in recent years - did anyone apply to the 2022 JCamp program that’s hosted at USC?

2 Likes

I did!! Very nervous right now

yes!! so nervous to hear back.

That’s super cool! How do you feel about your essays? Did you do the video intro? Judging from past threads, decisions come out in 3 weeks, so I’m really excited for that! :slight_smile:

I think my essays were probably the best part for me, I’m really proud of them, I don’t have a lot of experience so I’m hoping those help me out a little haha. I did the video intro in like an hour right before the deadline so it probably didn’t do me any good. I’ve been stalking the past threads like crazy to guess when decisions will come out, I’m so nervous!!!

HAHA I did the entire application and intro in like the last hour too. I’m a little nervous because my answers were super risky (like for the interview one, I chose to interview a bunch of fictional characters… not sure how that’ll land with the reviewers). Did you also do the optional essay? I chose to talk about my experience with having multi-racial parents and them being from two different religions, cultures etc. and how it’s affected me, but looking back, that topic was probably so overused. We’ll see! I can’t believe there aren’t any other threads for Jcamp this year since they’re basically cutting the acceptance rate in half. Rooting for you all:)

that sounds super cool, I don’t see how they couldn’t like it!!! I chose not to do the optional essay because I had no idea what to write about. the amount of people they’re accepting this year is really freaking me out haha. still so excited to see what happens! good luck!!! :))

I’d love to see how many of us are on CC. While we wait, what are you all planning on majoring in? I think I’m going to go into politics which I don’t know is a positive/negative for a program centered towards journalism yk, but I just didn’t want to repeat what a lot of people were probably going to say. Are you a junior?

Omg hi everyone! I applied as well. Good luck to us all!

Also would y’all like to make a group chat? I can set something up if you’d like.

Hi!! Welcome! I’m down for a group chat if you guys want one.

Ok I created one, I dm’ed y’all!

Same here! Though I’m curious. What did you guys write for the essays?

Same!! I’m going the international relations/political science route into being a foreign correspondent

i’m a junior! i’m applying for some kind of media/communications/film based on the school, going for a double major with polisci :))

Planning to major in classics. Does anyone know the acceptance rate this year???

Classics sounds cool! I don’t know what the exact number is, but they are planning to cut the program in half this year because of Covid (so only 25 participants as opposed to 42). I think the acceptance rate was rumored to be around 10-15% last year, so I’m guessing it’s going to be around 6-8% this year

1 Like

Had anyone heard back with a decision?

Nope, nothing yet. Their website says decisions will be released in May

Thanks for letting me know…yeah…haven’t heard anything yet here either…was wondering bcos in the previous years, they seem to have sent decisions after 3 weeks or so