About After UC Admissions

<p>Several questions:</p>

<p>1) Is it possible to correct a typo within the essay? I tried looking through the website and it appears we could make corrections if we send in a document to their processing office, but it didn’t mention anything about the essay.</p>

<p>2) When we sign with the electronic signature, I thought we agree on something that says we need to keep our GPA above a 3.0. I didn’t see such on my printout of my receipt. Do we have to sign separately or what? If so, when? Or is it just assumed?</p>

<p>3) Is the 3.0 weighted or unweighted?</p>

<p>1) You are not allowed to correct minor errors (such as typos) in your application after it is submitted. Unfortunate, but that’s their policy.</p>

<p>2) That’s part of the agreement you make if you get accepted; you don’t make it yet.</p>

<p>3) I BELIEVE it is weighted, but I’m not sure.</p>

<p>For #3, Berkeley and UCLA will want a 3.0 UNWEIGHTED GPA through your Senior year. All the other UCs are fine with taking a 3.0 Weighted GPA for your Senior Year (so long as you don’t have any D’s or F’s).</p>

<p>So Berkeley and UCLA doesn’t consider academic course rigor in senior year?</p>

<p>And if it’s not too much trouble, could you link me to where their websites tell you this information? I can’t seem to find it. >_></p>

<p>No, Berkeley and LA still consider your course rigor senior year. They just rescind admission for the person who takes all AP classes to look good and then gets straight Cs.</p>

<p>Harrisonized - it is not on the general website, it will be a link sent to you as part of your admitted student site, when you are offered a spot and have to decide whether to accept or not. The conditions of the offer are spelled out. As has been said, Cal requires 3.0 unweighted.</p>

<p>I always wonder why people are so concerned about this. Getting a 3.0 unweighted shouldn’t be that hard for people who have an unweighted 3.25-4.0 every semester before senior year. If you want to slack off, just sign-up for a weaker courseload. Why risk it?</p>

<p>Not that I’m risking it. My quarter grades were 3.5 unweighted. It’s just that I’m expecting a huge drop in my grade cuz I’m currently behind. Hopefully I’ll pull it up in January. :&lt;/p>