About club positions?

<p>I’m about to become vice president officer in speech and debate club and academic decathlon. I was wondering how much better it’s on the UC applications if I were president of either club? Are there any profound impacts between VP or P when the admissions people compare you? Also, how different is co-president looked upon compared to being the single president of a club? Not that I can change anything…I’m kind of curious</p>

<p>This will vary from UC campus to campus. For UC Davis all leadership positions will be considered. Please be sure to include a short accurate description of your responsibilities.</p>

<p>do the UCs award points for positions in any club? or does it have to be a major club? like i'm gonna be treasurer of one of my friend's clubs, but it's not a big club</p>

<p>Yes.......</p>

<p>the club is like a comedy club, we're gonna set up a show at the end of the semester...so if i'm technically treasurer, i would still get points? b/c on the evaluation webpage it says the UCs only give like pts to pres. or VP</p>

<p>Treasurer doesn't look too good. I remember reading UC Berkeley's comprehensive review before and it explicitly stated that President of Anime Club doesn't count. I would be inclined to believe that comedy club is the same, so if its distracting you from your studies, drop it. Otherwise, you're doing it for the sake of having fun, not college.</p>

<p>is that only from Berkeley? b/c i don't know if i'm gonna go there anyways
and yeah it's mostly for fun
so even if i'm VP or something, it wouldn't "count"?</p>

<p>Its what Berkeley's thing wrote. It likely carries weight elsewhere, but if you're going to do it, do it for fun. At this point, a half year commitment to a club isn't worth much anyways, and it would be pretty annoying to confirm if you're one of the 10% that have to confirm a part of their app (which I think happened in January)</p>

<p>Again, this varies, quite drastically as described in the thread already, from campus to campus. Please contact the campus you are interested in attending for the information that pertains to them.</p>