About Purdue's Aerospace Engineering

<p>Fortunately, I've been accepted to Purdue University's First Year Engineering Program. How is it (are there lots of weeding-out classes)? IF I do plan to attend Purdue this year, do you think majoring in aerospace engineering (6th in the nation) is worth my time and money? How's majoring in aerospace engineering, in future prospect? I've heard that not many students major in aerospace during their undergraduate degree; why is this? I also have a strong desire to study business/economics but I'm not sure whether I should or not. Do you think it's wise to major in aerospace engineering for undergraduate and go to MBA after few years of experience?</p>

<p>Many questions but I hope you can help me out. Thanks.</p>

<p>This: Purdue</a> to celebrate $153 million in new facilities; dedicate Neil Armstrong Hall</p>

<p>should make you seriously consider that major at Purdue.</p>

<p>I am seriously considering majoring in aerospace engineering at Purdue after I heard the Neil Armstrong's Hall of Engineering. However, I want to know the future prospect of this major and other questions mentioned above. Thanks.</p>

<p>Any Purdue students who can help?</p>

<p>Hey RealM !</p>

<p>Im too planning to major in Aerospace Engineering!
Been admitted to First Year Engineering.</p>

<p>For Others:
Is it too competitive to get admission for Aero Eng. for the sophomore year, considering the amount of weedin done at Purdue?</p>

<p>Congradulation, adso! </p>

<p>Good question, by the way.</p>

<p>Bump (10 chars)</p>

<p>Current FYE here going for AAE next fall. AAE requires that you have a 2.5 EAI to get a "guaranteed" admission to the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics. If you don't know what EAI is, I strongly recommend reading the first year handbook at the College of Engineering website. <a href="https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/InfoFor/CurrentStudents/studenthandbook/%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/InfoFor/CurrentStudents/studenthandbook/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>As of jobs, I am kinda scared from what I have heard because I am an international! Basically if you are an American and have an all rounding resume with a 3.5+ CGPA you got yourself a job. Check out the AAE website more info.</p>

<p>My friends are kidding me about marrying a blonde and landing an easy green card! Sounds tempting! :D</p>

<p>yeah, i have classes at the Armstrong building 3 days/week......very NICE building, the main floor has these interactive monitors w/ like the history of space exploration, and such. the downstairs has a nice cafe, to study at.
the lecture rooms are comfortable too, no desks, just swivel chairs and writing tables.</p>