About Rescinding

I’m at a bit of a loss for what to do next semester, and I figured there would be good help here! I’m an out-of-state high school senior accepted into Mays for fall 2018. The pre-calc class at my school was full this year, so I was skipped past it and put into AP Calculus. Because of AP Calc, I got my first C on my transcript. Sighhh. I need help with these questions: Am I being paranoid in thinking they’ll rescind the offer because of the C? And if I get a spot in pre-calc next semester and take that course instead, will they be unimpressed with me and rescind it anyway? Sorry if I’m being overly afraid haha.
*I’ve only ever gotten Bs in math on my transcript anyway, so I hope they realized I’m not the greatest at it. I also stated several times in my essays that I aim to pursue marketing. Thank you all for any help!

You should be fine if you pass the course. Suggestions for help - try Khan academy online for free - they use to have a calculus course. Google section by section if you have questions on material. There are many ways to teach/explain calculus. Take Christmas break to help yourself re-learn the basics, it will spiral if you don’t go back & set a strong foundation. The university does not check up on the ‘normal’ admit, you submit your transcript at NSC just before you begin. You had to have passed all your courses & graduated as specified. One C will not kill your chances, but do yourself a favor & learn the material.

There are two levels of Calculus needed for a marketing degree. Chances are if you are in AP Calc with a C you will not pass the AP exam for credit. Even if you do, you have another higher level to take at TAMU. Math courses here are notoriously difficult, but they do accept transfer credit. My non-math minded student started at TAMU then dropped that course, took at a local university over the summer ( yes, university NOT CC) and was the top student in the class. Course transferred and problem solved.

Be sure to seek out help - it is a hard lesson for very good students - tutoring is a good thing if it helps you learn the material.There are also one page tip sheets for sale at bookstores for pre-calculus & calculus with formulas - buy those & make sure you know them all. Best of luck!

@AGmomx2 Thank you so much for this amazing reply!! You’ve saved me haha. I need to spend time studying so I don’t flounder with calculus in the future. Thank you!

Wow I am in the same boat and this post gave me some relief. I am at risk of getting a C or two (due to outside problems at the beginning of the semester), but I received full admission to engineering so as long as I pass my classes I should be alright correct? If not, what can be done to make sure I don’t get rescinded? Thanks!

@mr_mutto I’m relieved to know I’m not the only one haha. I have the same question about what can be done, if anything can be

Hey guys, it would take a major fail to have an offer rescinded. Y’all are doing great. Just keep working and doing your best but know you do not need to stress about Aggie pulling the acceptance!!! Congrats on Mays… my son didn’t get it but he’s looking forward to ag business and working his butt off to change major!

@AggieMomhelp thank you so much haha! Best wishes to your son!!