About That 3.0

<p>Couple questions about the senior GPA needed to hold onto an admission:</p>

<p>1) Is it 3.0 W or 3.0 UW?
2) Is there any max of classes they weight? (e.g. like UC GPA?)
3) Only certain classes? A-G, etc?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>UCB - 3.0 UW for each semester
UCLA - 3.0 UW average GPA for the entire year
All others - 3.0 W for each semester</p>

<p>I'm pretty sure they weight all classes and only A-G.</p>

<p>Are you sure about the UCLA? I got a 3.5 UW 1st semester, so does that mean I can technically get a 2.5 UW 2nd semester (without any Ds or Fs) and still be fine? If so, that's awesome!</p>

<p>^I'm pretty sure that's how it is. I remember reading about it a lot of times here that UCLA wants an AVERAGE of a 3.0 UW. So as long as you don't get a D in any class you should be fine lol.</p>

<p>would 1st semester of summer school grades be calculated with the first semester? or with its own?</p>

<p>I think the bottom line here is to not test their bottom line on senior year grades. I did something to that effect and spent the entire summer in a semi-state of paranoia. It's simply not worth trying to figure out the minimum effort required to maintain admissions because one slip is too much. For all special circumstances, like the above poster, that's something you deal with with the school you decide to matriculate at. Not many on CC actually have that situation, and if they did get rescinded as a result they usually don't post here anymore either.</p>

<p>Okay well I got a 2.8 fall 07, but over the summer i got an A in US History and an A in English. My school counts summer school as the next semester, which brings my GPA up to a 3.2...
I really dont want to have my admissions pulled...</p>