Academic admission help

<p>I am currently a 10th grader and my dream school is Texas A&M.
I most likely will just miss top 10% at my school (with a 3.95 gpa!) I took the PSAT this year and my CR+Math was an 1120, 610 - CR and 510 - Math.</p>

<p>I did absolutely no studying for the PSAT, is it feasible to raise my score to a 1300?</p>

<p>I specifically want to major in Finance at Mays, is it first come first serve for Mays or are there any additional requirements?</p>

<p>Thanks </p>

<p>Yes, it is possible. The harder score to improve is CR, math is a matter of review, practice, & memorization. You’ll need those math skills in Mays, so it is not wasted time. It is first come, first served at Mays (with a few exceptions when they are almost full). Give yourself plenty of retake opportunities for testing , try the ACT & SAT if you fall short in one or the other & apply early - good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks for the help!
My PSAT score qualified me for an honors program at school during the summer, supposedly people experience score increases of anywhere from 200-400 points.</p>

<p>I will also be doing plenty of self-studying.</p>

<p>I really appreciate the help.</p>

<p>Check <a href=“Khan Academy”>http://www.khanacademy.org/sat&lt;/a&gt; for Math help. It’s FREE!</p>

<p>Has lots of video tutorials and lots of online interactive problems for practice.</p>

<p>Plan ahead and start your Apply Texas application early so you can submit it right when it opens. Strong essays are a must as well. Show your interest by attending as many weekend conferences as you can and talk with a prospective student advisor if you can. Good luck!!!</p>

<p>Apply august first. First day it opens they actually notice that. When I got my full ride I calked about why I got so much money from them. She said being the first application that they received really helped boost my app to the top of the line and “showed how interested I wanted to be an Aggie.” The lady was really impressed with that. That shocked me I didn’t know they noticed that but they do. Also email your counselor to be close to them. My counselor helped me get so many scholarships it’s crazy. Also that shows interests, but don’t be too bothersome. Twice a month one in the beginning and one in the end. Up to you.
Pm me if you have any other questions</p>