Academic History mistake

<p>Alright it sounds strange but I decided to look through my application again today, and I just caught something that I didn’t catch when I looked over my UC app multiple times prior to sending it in.</p>

<p>For my 12th grade courses, I put Calc D as two semester courses (both first and second) when it is only supposed to be the first semester, and Linear Algebra takes the place of the second semester. I’ve read that I’d need to mail each individual school’s admissions offices? Is that correct? I can’t believe I didn’t catch that mistake earlier but I did and I’m hoping it doesn’t mess up my chances at getting into the schools I applied to. Will this mess things up for me at this point?</p>

<p>BTW I read here: <a href=“http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/hs-app.htm#change-campus[/url]”>http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/hs-app.htm#change-campus</a> that those have the procedures for the individual schools to submit changes. Are those email options accurate? I thought you had to send a physical letter. Will emailing be sufficient?</p>

<p>I’ve also read to email “<a href="mailto:ucinfo@ucapplication.net”>ucinfo@ucapplication.net</a>" with corrections. Should I email ucinfo, the individual UCs each, or all of them? Sorry for posting again but I’m starting to panic about this whole thing. I got the info for 9th-11th grade right, it’s just the 12th grade math section that I messed up on.</p>

<p>How long should these letters and/or emails be? They shouldn’t have much written besides the name, DOB, etc. and the actual requested changes right?</p>

<p>Alright I apologize again for posting again but I can’t edit either of my posts now.</p>

<p>To include some more background info, I am concerned with this because it has been said that discrepancies that UCs find once transcripts are actually sent in <em>can</em> put one’s acceptance in jeopardy (this is correct, right?). Therefore, although this is very late, I figure that this correction is better to be made later than never, at least before I actually send in the transcripts. Another thing is that this course would have been beyond the 8 semesters of AP/Honors courses that UCs look at anyway, but I considered it necessary to point out and correct this error to each UC before they find it. That’s the right thing to do, I’m assuming? lol</p>

<p>I have letters typed up for UCLA and SD, still have to look up how to correct my App to UCB. Do I have to address every UC I apply to with these changes or is it enough to just change it for those two? I’ll just say I don’t anticipate getting into UCB so I don’t know if it’s worth going through that process of changing the mistake. I just want to know if me leaving the UCB app uncorrected will affect my apps at UCSD and LA?</p>

<p>Not sure if you were looking for a second opinion; but the link is mine, so it’s just me tooting my own horn, I guess :)</p>

<p>Berkeley actually accepts corrections by fax. You can call the admissions office at (510) 642-3175 during business hours and press 0 to listen to the really long recording that gives you the fax number you need.</p>

<p>I verified all the links and online instructions early in February. For the UCs that require you to log into the online system, look for instructions on how to submit changes after you log in. For the UC campuses that posted online instructions, read the instructions carefully and send the corrections to the specified email/mailing address.</p>

<p>These procedures have been in place for a few years and rarely change. But if you have concerns, you can call the admissions office at each UC campus and verify the correction submission procedure. I have all the phone numbers listed at <a href=“http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/hs-app.htm#contact[/url]”>http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/hs-app.htm#contact&lt;/a&gt; (I just called all of them on Friday, so the phone numbers and hours listed have been updated to reflect the most recent change).</p>

<p>Thank you very much for the reply. I looked and most sites only allowed changes to things like email addresses and stuff, so I’m just going to send letters to the undergrad admissions offices of the schools. I saw ucla has both email and letter opportunities though. Ill just mail them the signed letter tomorrow.</p>

<p>I guess my bigger question is will this still present grounds for ucs to rescind any potential acceptances if I let them know before I send my transcripts? I figure if I were to let them find out without letting them know of the mistake beforehand then itd be a problem, but it shouldn’t be if I let them know now right? (Btw linear algebra is actually after calculus d so my mistake could have made my senior schedule math courses look more basic than it actually is if anything)</p>

<p>This kind of course mix-up happens a lot (at least based on the number of students who email me), so I doubt it’s a deal breaker.</p>