Academic Scholarships

<p>I'm plan on applying to U Miami this week as I was just deferred from my early action dream school. I am curious about the academic scholarships listed on the web site. I know it says that they are not guranteed for all students fitting the qualifications. First, will applying late affect my chances of receiving one? Are they first come first serve? I do not know how U Miami works their admissions process. </p>

<p>The requirments for the 3/4 scholarship is as follows:
GPA: A / SAT: 1400 / Class Rank: Top 5%</p>

<p>My stats:
GPA: 98/100 / SAT: 1460 / Rank: 2/47 (top 4.5% i believe)</p>

<p>Chances anyone? Thanks for the input.</p>

<p>
[quote]
First, will applying late affect my chances of receiving one? Are they first come first serve?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Yes, EA and ED applicants get first crack at the merit money avaliable to applicants.</p>

<p>However, it's not out of the ordinary that RD applicants get money. It's common, to say the least.</p>

<p>Standards have definitely rose for students this year. Even if you met all the criteria for last year's guidelines, you may not meet it for this year.</p>

<p>If you did well on the writing portion of the SAT, that will help you, if they consider it in the admissions process. It can't hurt to have done well.</p>

<p>Marcc..my daughter got 1/2 tuition with just about the same stats as you. We thought she would get 3/4, but as stated previously, the competition this year is higher. Good luck to you.</p>