Academics

<p>Hi, guys!
I will be a freshman in UM this fall, but I am really confused about academics.</p>

<p>First of all, can anybody tell me where is it possible to find what kind of courses you will have to take in a particular school, and how much credit points a course has, etc? I was looking in the miami.edu page, but couldn't found exactly this information, how and which courses to choose, and how much a course is worth in credit points.</p>

<p>Another thing.
I have been accepted to college of arts and sciences, I applied there, because i didn't know what to study, and it offers a liberal arts program, which you know is quite general. But now i'm thinking more about transfering to business school, is it possible to do that now? And how can I do that?</p>

<p>Also, which are the best offered programs in University of Miami? I am just interested in many things, and maybe if I knew, which were the best schools in UM and offered programs, I could make up my mind.</p>

<p>Thanks so much in advance!</p>

<p>Hi! For the course requirements for each major and the credits per course, I think this is what you are looking for: [UM</a> Academic Bulletin: Undergraduate Programs](<a href=“http://www6.miami.edu/umbulletin/und/index.htm]UM”>http://www6.miami.edu/umbulletin/und/index.htm)
Each program also has their own advising catalogue which should guide you in which courses to take which year.
It is possible to transfer to any school; transferring between schools is actually fairly easy. If you’re looking for more information about transferring between schools, I would email or call the particular college you’re looking at transferring to.
I personally believe that the marine science program is the best in the school (of course, I’m a little biased :wink: ). Outside of that, however, I’m not very knowledgable.
I hope this helped!</p>

<p>thanks a lot :)</p>

<p>don’t you know about business school? Is it good only for MBA or for undergraduates as well? And, how about liberal arts program or school of communications?</p>

<p>I would very much appreciate if anyone else could share their knowledge or experience!!</p>

<p>I honestly don’t know very much about the business school; all I know is that it is a very good program, both undergrad and grad. Other than that, I have know idea.</p>

<p>Essentially every program/college at U Miami is rather decent. It is known for its marine science program, worldwide (its perhaps the best in the country), but it doesn’t particularly have any department that is known for not being that good. It’s an academically great school all-around, that’s for sure. </p>

<p>Also, you shouldn’t be deciding what you’re going to study/pursue based merely on what program is best at Miami… you need to pursue what you want, not the best thing they offer.</p>

<p>annemarijaa,</p>

<p>It is very possible, S did it the third day he was at UM, going from CAS to SBA. All you need to do is contact an SBA advisor and they can take care of it from there.</p>

<p>oh yes, i know that. I am just very confused right now, about what I would like to study, I can’t exactly put myself down to one thing, i am interested in many. I might as well like communications, but in the arts and sciences- well i am not sure I can stick to one science or one art. That’s why I am thinking about business, it is more general and basically includes the things i like- creativity, logical thinking, something that doesn’t go into frames- and am good at. i really hope I’ll make the right decision, but thanks guys a lot for your opinions!!</p>