Accelerated BSN programs in the DC area?

I know a woman with a BSN degree who is looking for an accelerated BSN degree program or possibly a joint BSN/MSN program (which are rare) in the Northern Va./Washington DC area.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Just some thoughts since I live in NoVa (but no real direct knowledge since my 18 yo son is just starting BSN program and not an accelerated second degree BSN)…

George Washington - Great rep/hospital. My son’s friend and fellow EMT was just hired as a tech of some sort at the hospital and is hoping to turn that into a nursing degree with tuition assistance due to employment status. (Georgetown and Catholic are probably possibilities but haven’t checked.)

Shenandoah - My youngest son’s (elementary age) school nurse is a professor for the accelerated BSN program. I seem to recall her saying in pediatrics which would make sense. For the first degree BSN, the clinical hours were really low so my oldest wasn’t interested. When we attended an info session, we were told that INOVA hospital system guarantees any Shenandoah grad passing the NCLEX a job.

George Mason - We steered clear of Mason, mainly due to 2+2 first BSN, but also due to the program almost losing their state accreditation in 2015-ish I believe due to NCLEX pass rates. Initially put on probation for a year or so, and was able to meet the conditions so they are out of the woods now. Not sure how this has affected their local reputation?

Marymount - This was a really cute campus in a really, really nice area and was a serious consideration until we looked up the NCLEX stats and realized their numbers are up/down like a rollercoaster. One year great, but the next year below threshold…over and over. That made us wary of the program and reputation. Fun fact: my little one’s school nurse who also moonlights as prof for Shenandoah keeps being scouted by Marymount.

One more thought…out here in LoCo (Loudoun County…not sure what is up with all the NoVa acronyms) GWU and Shenandoah have satellite graduate level campuses offering accelerated BSN programs.

I have a D with a Accelerated BSN from Virginia Commonwealth University VCU ( full time, 5 semester, 18mns, very intensive )
at that time she applied to programs that are mostly in state ( VCU & George Mason ) & a couple out of state.

there is a smaller campus from Univ. of Maryland ( near the Eastern Shore area ), I forgot which campus, they have this Acce BSN program that takes less time to complete. Less than the 18months that most other programs require.

also try Jefferson College of Health Science, Roanoke, Virginia
has Acce BSN

UVA has the Master entry clinical nurse leader program which is a full time 2yr program for people with a BA / BS degree in another field.

if your friend is willing to travel farther away, Old Dominion University ( ODU ) in Norfolk also has a Acce BSN.

I am not 100% sure about the following 2 schools :
JHU Johns Hopkins now has the Master entry program. They used to have the Acce BSN a few yrs ago when i checked their website but now has changed to Master entry.
I think Georgetown also offer the master entry program.

Thanks for the thoughts. I’ll pass them on. In my orginal post I made a mistake - she has a BS, but is seeking to become a RN.

I just looked up the tip - George Washington’s accelerated RN program is in Ashburn Va, near the Fairfax/Loudoun border.