Acceptance Envelope

<p>Ok so I just received my envelope today (Very exciting first one), and was expecting a housing contract inside. However, in the brochure it said I would receive one in 2-3 weeks, then have 2-3 weeks to make a decision. Is this normal? Am I still assured a dorm? Am I farther back in the various lotteries?</p>

<p>The housing contract comes after the acceptance envelope, so don't worry yet.</p>

<p>Does the acceptance letter come in a big envelope with all of the stuff or is it just a small envelope with it saying you've been accepted and the other stuff come later?</p>

<p>It's a big envelope with the letter and a guide on what's next.</p>

<p>The housing contract that comes later comes with a large housing brochure.</p>

<p>Ok thanks for the clarification turtle. For some reason I thought that it would come with the big envelope about the guide to acceptance I got today. Does the brochure include things about each dorm? I am going for a visit the 13 of February and would like to see the dorms before I make a decision. As a matter of fact do you think I should just send in the contract and just change decisions if I need to later?</p>

<p>You can view the housing brochure online- see the Res Halls site of the UW website. A ton of information there.</p>

<p>Seriously don't freak your fine no school does it with acceptance letter</p>

<p>hey, this doesn't really have to do with the topic of the thread, but you all know how on the flap of your acceptance envelope it said "Yes!!!" in big red letters...i've been wondering, does if you were rejected, does it say "Noo!!!" or ":(" or something like that?...jw</p>

<p>If I were to guess, I think it would come in a smaller envelope with a letter saying sorry and thus not enough room on that part of the envelope to say Noo!</p>

<p>That red YES is nice for parents who then know what to hear from their lucky child. I'm sure the other responses are subtle- the mailman doesn't need to know.</p>

<p>Hmmm... the acceptances received in our area back in October were in large white UW-Madison Office of Admissions envelopes with a red WISCONSIN printed across the bottom - no red YES on the flap. You could read the "Congratulations and welcome! I am delighted to inform you..." through the address window, though, so whoever picked up the mail that day knew there would be reason to celebrate!</p>

<p>The folder inside was cleverly worded with WISCONS*IN*.</p>

<p>^Huh, did they change the envelopes? I liked the yes. My dad even saved that bit.</p>

<p>Funny story about the red "YES" though. My friend wasn't home when she got her letter from them, but her mom was so she called her. My friend asked her mom if there was a giant red "YES" on the back. Her mom said no, and naturally my friend was devastated. Then she gets home and sees it, red "YES" and all. Her mom didn't the "YES" qualified as "giant". ;)</p>

<p>I don't know if they changed them, or if they just temporarily ran out of the red YES envelopes in October, or if a batch of admission packets were sent out in the wrong envelopes by mistake.</p>

<p>Are other people getting the red YES envelopes this year?</p>

<p>I did about a week ago Jiffs. The window also had congratulations in it so it was a pretty good tip off lol.</p>

<p>Congrats, Cryto! Wisconsin is a great school! ...And, I'm glad to hear they're continuing the red YES tradition! ;)</p>