Acceptance Letter/Scholarship Questions

<p>Hi! I am a US citizen living in South Korea and I applied to Texas A&M University in late November. My AIS page tells me that I have been accepted to TAMU and the "correspondence" section shows that the admission decision has been sent to my address on 12/12/2012. However, I did not get anything in the mail yet. Is the delivery taking long because I live outside the US? Does overseas mail usually take more than two weeks?</p>

<p>Also, if I receive scholarships, will I find out what scholarships I am getting when I receive the acceptance letter, or do I have to wait for a separate scholarship letter?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>The scholarship letter is separate. I don’t know anything about overseas mailing.
The acceptance letter is nice, but doesn’t give you much new information.</p>

<p>You should send in your housing deposit and request (it’s mostly refundable) to make sure you get in where you want.</p>

<p>Thank u so much!</p>

<p>I would think it could take over 2 weeks to get your acceptance letter overseas with Christmas mail season. Also I think even in state it was over a week after my daughter saw it on AIS last year before she got her letter. I would encourage you to go ahead and put a housing deposit down ASAP to better your chance and getting your choice of dorms. </p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptance!</p>

<p>I already paid my housing deposit! I hope I get the new hall they are opening next year! How long does the housing process take?</p>

<p>TaraLove, I don’t think we’ll know about housing assignments for quite some time.</p>

<p>I applied for Physics but realized biology is the major that will best help me get where I need to be in the military. Does anyone think they’ll allow me to switch from physics to biology and a minor in foreign language?</p>

<p>I was accepted roughly two weeks ago, would it be too late to switch?</p>

<p>^^ This is a different question. Start a new thread to ask it. They may allow it.</p>

<p>I am also living overseas and waiting for my acceptance letter to arrive. I think it can take at least a month.
@TaraLove please tell us if you get the letter so that i can compare when I might receive mine.</p>

<p>Sure,
I didn’t get anything yet…
I hope I get everything soon</p>

<p>I got my letter just yesterday. It took 21 days to arrive.</p>

<p>Ugh… I waited more than 21 days and I still didn’t get it.</p>

<p>Confused786, which country do you live in? Did you get a scholarship letter too?</p>

<p>I live in Pakistan. I havnt got a scholarship letter yet. Maybe, you should ask them to give you some tracking number to check where is your letter in the posting process.</p>

<p>Son just got his scholarship letter today. It was mailed on the 14th.</p>

<p>Is this the scholarship letter that outlines additional and departmental scholarships? My son received something in Dec outlining an award that waived OOS tuition rate (not amount, just the rate–good, but not quite as exciting!). It was my understanding that the “additional” scholarships came later in the process.</p>

<p>^^ I received notification of the OOS wavier and all of my other scholarships at the same time (one from engineering and another general college one, along with a list of others I ‘would receive/could be eligible for’ if I did certain things).</p>

<p>I assumed they all come out at the same time, but they might have others they give out later.
FYI: any merit award from TAMU valued at $1000 or over automatically grants in-state tuition. You must have at least one of these awards each year in order for you to keep in-state tuition.</p>

<p>D got her scholarship letter today, also dated 1/14. We’re OOS so mail takes an extra day.</p>

<p>Can anyone who received a waiver share their stats?
I want to compare it to mine so I can guess whether I will be receiving a waiver or not.</p>