<p>My application and everything is in.</p>

<p>When did Bama receive everything (including high school transcripts)? </p>

<p>What are your stats? </p>

<p>Sometimes Bama waits for Dec scores to come in if needed.</p>

<p>Application Fee - Recieved: Nov 29, 2010
High School Transcript - Recieved: Nov 19, 2010
ACT Scores - Recieved: Nov 22, 2010</p>

<p>Ok…so the school received your app yesterday?</p>

<p>Bama’s getting drowned in apps right now because of the scholarship deadline. If you’re an easy admit (high stats, etc), then you should get accepted probably sometime next week or so.</p>

<p>Have you sent in your scholarship app? If not, you need to.</p>

<p>What scholarships are you eligible for?</p>

<p>What major did you put?</p>

<p>Unfortunately, I do not qualify for the scholarships since I got a 24 on my ACT but I do have over a 3.5 GPA. </p>

<p>Also, I put Business as my major.</p>

<p>Ok…well, still submit your scholarship app. You never know what you might get from a dept. Depts have their own scholarships…so get that app in. :)</p>

<p>You will get in, so don’t worry about that.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>what state are you from?</p>

<p>Thanks for the helpful posts. :)</p>

<p>I am from Alabama.</p>

<p>You’re good to go! :)</p>

<p>And…you’re very welcome!!! </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>My status changed from application complete to admitted on 11/24 and I received my letter of acceptance on 11/30. So that should give you some idea. Good luck. :)</p>

<p>ciaobella! Congrats!!!</p>

<p>You’re a junior graduating early and you’re from Utah, right? </p>

<p>Will you get a scholarship from Bama?</p>

<p>Yes, that’s me. Bama was the first school I heard back from and I received the Presidential. I am very pleased. Thank you!!</p>

<p>Congrats!!! Will you be able to visit the campus?</p>

<p>What will your major be?</p>

<p>Yes, I am planning to visit in Feb or Mar. I am a little disappointed because they do not have my major of choice, Biomedical Engineering. I am looking into my options for a substitute.</p>

<p>If your plan is to go to med school, then don’t worry. I don’t know if you saw those threads (I think they were in the parents section) about alternatives to BiomedE.</p>

<p>Some suggest MechE with extra bio classes. </p>

<p>I think Feeno on this board knows which classes are the biomed and biomedE classes that can be included with another Eng’g program.</p>

<p>Did you know that not only do you get the Presidential, but you also get $2500 per year?</p>

<p>No, I didn’t see those threads. I will look for them though. </p>

<p>I don’t really have much interest in MechE generally. I became enamored with Biomed through some lectures I attended, but more likely I will do Biology with a Molecular/Cellular emphasis if I choose to attend UA. That much more closely aligns with my interests and career goals.</p>

<p>i thought chemE was a closer substitute for BME?</p>

<p>*I don’t really have much interest in MechE generally. I became enamored with Biomed through some lectures I attended, but more likely I will do Biology with a Molecular/Cellular emphasis if I choose to attend UA. That much more closely aligns with my interests and career goals. *</p>

<p>Are you pre-med? </p>

<p>*i thought chemE was a closer substitute for BME? *</p>

<p>I’m not sure. I think it can depend on what your goal is. If it’s med school, then ChemE might be better, if it’s something else (maybe prosthetic devices), then maybe MechE or EE is better (with maybe some extra bio classes).</p>

<p>most BMEs dont have a BME degree so i dont think it should hold her back…</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>That’s what I keep hearing…</p>

<p>Thanks for the interest! Actually, I am planning to apply to MD/PhD programs later. I would really like to do research in some specialty of Endocrinology and also see patients. </p>

<p>Engineering isn’t really my focus at all; BME was just something I encountered recently that sounded like an interesting undergraduate degree. I had planned to do Molecular/Cellular Bio for a long time so it isn’t like a letdown or anything.</p>