<p>Gender: Male
SAT: 1340 / 1940
GPA: 3.99 weighted
Courses: 6 APs (AP Scholar); honors
Activities: 10 yrs Hockey, Junior A, PG year at NSA in Lake Placid, NY
Visit: 12/2010</p>

<p>Parents Alums '87</p>

<p>FYI - Perhaps you all saw it on their FB page:</p>

<p>[SUNY</a> Geneseo Tells Community About Sex Offender on its Facebook Page - YNN, Your News Now](<a href=“http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/535060/suny-geneseo-tells-community-about-sex-offender-on-its-facebook-page/]SUNY”>http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/535060/suny-geneseo-tells-community-about-sex-offender-on-its-facebook-page/)</p>

<p>Best to be informed</p>

<p>Accepted</p>

<p>Female
Rochester, NY
ACT - 33
Weighted - 98/100
8 APs by the end of this year
Rank - 10/359
Activities: Lots, including president of Music Council, president of National Honor Society and currently working on GS Gold Award.</p>

<p>If I am forced to go to a SUNY, I will probably go to Bing over Geneseo.</p>

<p>Schwoot - Why Bing over Geneseo?</p>

<p>re#42, does anyone else find that somewhat disturbing?
from the 'net:
“Level 3 (high risk of repeat offense and a threat to public safety exists).”</p>

<p>"11% of level 3 sex offenders repeat their crime within eight years of their initial registration as a sex offender. "</p>

<p>Putting such a person on a college campus could be like putting a fox in a chicken coop, seems to me, depending on what he’s “into”. Wonder what he did…</p>

<p>“Although defendant had not yet been sentenced for the violent felony of robbery in the second degree when he committed the two acts of rape in the second degree that constitute the “current offense” for purposes of the SORA registration process, he had entered a plea of guilty to that robbery.”
[People</a> v Wood. Appellate Division, Fourth Department, New York :: Justia Law](<a href=“http://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/appellate-division-fourth-department/2009/2009-02067.html]People”>People v Wood :: 2009 :: New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department Decisions :: New York Case Law :: New York Law :: US Law :: Justia)</p>

<p>Rape in the second degree is stautory rape, people on FB are saying he had consensual sex with a 14 year old when he was 19. That doesn’t seem particularly theatening for Geneseo students, to me. Seems like “threat to public safety” might pertain more to the robbery charge than the rape.</p>

<p>I find it all very disburbing actually.</p>

<p>Geneseo publicly proclaims that it is “highly” selective, and there are kids here on CC, frantic about getting low SAT scores, a B in a class or detention in school hurting their chances to get in to college. Yet, Geneseo in all their highly selective wisdom, thought a felon would add to their college diversity.</p>

<p>Probably there is no basis for them, as a public insitution who accepts others with similar credentials absent this conviction for which time has been served, to turn him down; they might get sued otherwise. Just my speculation.</p>

<p>Accepted!
Female
Long Island
34 ACT, 2140 SAT
96 gpa - no rank
lots of leadership and extracurriculars</p>

<p>Geneseo and Binghamton were the two SUNYs I applied to, but I think I’m leaning towards Binghamton at this point. I definitely didn’t expect that because Geneseo was my #1 until I visited. Argh, I don’t want to make the wrong choice!</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone!</p>

<p>^ There might not be a “wrong” choice. Maybe you have two right choices!</p>

<p>Same here - Geneseo and Bing! Which one should it be?</p>

<p>Interestingly, Geneseo has surpassed Bing for median SAT’s (not that that is a reason to choose Geneseo). </p>

<p>Bing is more well known, closer to home and has more offerings. </p>

<p>But I have heard that Geneseo, despite being located in the middle of nowhere (although the downtown is charming and is connected to the campus) has lots of happy students who like the small school atmosphere.</p>

<p>I would have to agree that for the most part the students at Geneseo like the “small school atmosphere” and are “pretty happy”…but don’t forget the happy Alumni!!!</p>

<p>I miss the place!!!</p>

<p>The letter for the honors program comes about 1 week after the acceptance letter, inviting about 100 students to apply for about 30 spots.</p>

<p>We are on Long Island and still haven’t received any notification. Do you think my S didn’t get in? I don’t ever take things for granted but this would be his first rejection and kinda weird since he got into Vandy, Notre Dame, Tulane, Colgate, and Richmond. We always seem to get the mail later than everyone else but this is really late. When do the rejection letters go out?</p>

<p>Strange. I thought all letters went out on March 1.</p>

<p>does this mean he is still on campus? Maybe they haven’t updated their website?</p>

<p>[College</a> Registry | SUNY Geneseo](<a href=“http://www.geneseo.edu/police/college-registry]College”>College Registry | SUNY Geneseo)</p>

<p>We got the package today along with a separate letter for the Edgar scholarship!!!
The mail has been terrible this year…</p>

<p>congrats to everyone</p>

<p>no letter yet, not feeling good about it.</p>

<p>

Fortunately, the justice system doesn’t operate the way you seem to think it should :(.</p>

<p>"Fortunately, the justice system doesn’t operate the way you seem to think it should "</p>

<p>Perhaps, but alternatively perhaps the victims of the 11% recidivists would not agree with you…</p>