Acceptance offer for AMP - Accelerated Management Program

Dear All, we live here in Texas and my daughter was offered admission in Accelerated Management Program for Fall of 2022. We came down to winter park to visit the campus and absolutely loved the beautiful campus. However as it was spring break holiday, we did not see many students but we enjoyed the tour of the campus and dorm. Before we take decision wanted some feedback on this AMP Program and how much it is recognized by employer. Do they consider it same as MBA and what kind of companies graduates from this AMP program joins? How easy to get the job after the program? My daughter wanted to do computers along with business.

I can’t answer your question but am curious to the responses as well. My daughter is also considering Rollins and the AMP program. I encourage you to join the Rollins parents page on facebook as there’s a good amount of information there - certainly more active than the Rollins page here on CC.

One concerning thing I read about the AMP program is that it’s virtually impossible to do both the honors program and the AMP program because there’s an honors thesis senior year. My daughter and I talked about this and we aren’t going to make too much out of it 1) because she’s not 100 percent sure she’d do AMP anyway and 2) most of the benefits I think you’d see in the honors program would be in the first year or two, so you could always withdraw from it for your fourth year. I don’t think there’s a huge benefit to actually graduating from the honors program.

It is a beautiful campus and a great area.

1 Like

Hello… thanks for replying to my post about Rollins college on CC last month and sharing your views. My daughter has decided to go for Rollins - AMP Program and we have committed it to now… Was curious to know if your daughter has decided for Rollins? Are you guys in Florida? - Monika

It was a long road but in the end she decided to go to Santa Clara University in California. I would have loved for her to be on the east coast but I think she made the best choice for her. Best wishes to your daughter.

My daughter is considering this same offer this year…what has been your daughter’s experience at Rollins?