Acceptance revoked at a UC?

<p>I was wondering if anyone has had experience with getting their acceptance revoked or if anyone has ever been accepted back after a letter of explanation.</p>

<p>(My ucsc acceptance was revoked and I sent a letter of explanation for getting Ds in a non a-g required class, along with a recommendation letter. They replied and told me to set up a phone appointment, what could they possibly say?)</p>

<p>The question isn’t what they can say, it is what YOU can say. This is your chance to explain yourself. Think ahead about how you will discuss it.</p>

<p>What seems to work well is to make a commitment to make it up for the problem. </p>

<p>If you agree to take a summer class on the subject at a local community college, or some other action they can verify, coupled with a good explanation for why the D happened, they tend to reinstate your enrollment and make that promise a condition for showing up in the Fall. It might be self-study with library books and a written paper on the subject that you will produce, if you can’t afford to get to the CC or can’t find a suitable class. </p>

<p>If you just give some excuse that sounds like you didn’t bother to try hard, I predict that you will stay rescinded.</p>

<p>Yes, it remained rescinded unfortunately.
The phone appointment was to let me know my admission was revoked
As if I didn’t know that already…</p>