Acceptance to Edgar Fellows Program Sophomore Year

<p>I am applying to SUNY Geneseo regular decision, and I believe I am a fairly solid candidate for admission. However, I am interested in the Edgar Fellows Program, and according to prior posts I have seen about acceptances, my stats would be a bit on the low side. How difficult is it to gain acceptance to Edgar Fellows during second semester of freshman year or during sophomore year? I have gone on Geneseo's Edgar Fellows webpage, but they seem to be in the process of updating it. The reasons I am highly interested in Edgar Fellows are because I honestly think it looks like an interesting program, and because I think I would be better qualified for it if there were not significant discrepancies between my verbal and mathematical abilities, grades, and test scores.</p>

<p><em>bump</em> Hopefully somebody has some information…</p>

<p>Some people are offered it, but not many.
It’s a little overrated - I know quite a few people in it who aren’t that intelligent.</p>

<p>I got a 4.0 my first semester working moderately hard - but my no means at my max. I don’t know if you apply or how for sophomore (I haven’t asked those who were offered it last year), but I don’t think I would go into it if offered. The honors seminars seem relatively dull and the only difference is that you take them instead of some core classes and everyone gets A’s pretty much. If a few easy A’s mean that much to you, by all means try.</p>