Acceptance to engineering

Any news on engineering for anyone?

I have heard of several people who were admitted this morning, but that is all.

Admitted today to Petro Engineering At 7:30 Pacific time (California). I guess the rest will come out this week?

@magathar Congratulations! Just so you know; all freshman are enrolled as general engineering majors and take pretty much the same classes. After at least one semester, students are allowed to apply to particular departments.

This is an exciting time to be an engineering student at TAMU. Aggie Engineering is already one of the top programs in the U.S. and it will continue to improve. http://www.thebatt.com/news/view.php/845320/Texas-aampms-Engineering-overhaul

My son is an OOS TAMU Engineering freshman. He worked his behind off first semester, but did very well. He was very excited to start his second semester yesterday.

@Beaudreau‌ thank you! And yes, I heard about that. I think it’s better to get the core engineering classes over with early on, and the students will also have the chance to see if they are really cut out for the specific major they want to go into. What engineering discipline does your son want to study?

@magathar My son intends to major in Aerospace Engineering.

got into aerospace engineering

@vs1997 Congratulations! It’s a great program.

I heard that the vast majority of CoE acceptances were sent out today. :frowning: Definitely thought I had a chance–4.0GPA, 31 ACT, top 5% of class–but apparently not. :frowning: guess I’ll be looking elsewhere now… ahhhhhh.

@TheCheese May I ask where you heard that? I am hoping to hear soon as well…

Quote from Texags.com TAMU admissions as of 5pm today:

"The 350 students who were given a spot in the COE over the weekend should receive a confirmation email. I’m not sure how many more students will be given a spot in the COE, but my guess is the number will be small. Some students may be given the opportunity to participate in the Engineering Academy at Blinn: "

“There could be a few more students selected for a full spot in the COE. There will also be some students selected for the Engineering Academy at Blinn.”

@beaudreau My son is a freshman engineering student at TAMU as well. Have you heard much about the process for applying to the specific major? My son is meeting with his academic adviser on Monday but just curious if you had heard much about the process.

@ba7091 I have not heard anything. My son has not had any luck even meeting with an advisor so far. Maybe they have to meet now. I would like to hear what your son learned after his meeting. Thanks.

@beaudreau I will check back in with you on Monday! My son met with his twice last semester (he’s a bit OCD like that) and she has been very helpful.

@ba7091. I think he will need to camp out in her office; she does not return e-mails.

@beaudreau @ba7091 My son also met with his advisor several times last semester. She was difficult at times to reach, but my son was quite persistent. To be honest, the advisers don’t seem to be fully engaged with either the students or their respective departments. She advised my son to take a couple of courses that the department decided they wouldn’t let him in now. My son spent time working the process to only be let down in the end. It would have helped if his adviser knew before he headed down that path.

On the school’s website I believe it said they can apply for their major starting on February 9th. My freshman daughter met with her advisor and seemed to be pleased but, of course, I don’t think she expected much. My older engineering student, a senior, has obviously had a lot more hands-on experience with her advisors and has some good ones and some “just ok” ones. Over the past four years, I have learned a ton of information on this website – what to expect freshman year and beyond, what opportunities are available and, most importantly, that we are not alone or special in this process. Thanks to all the experienced posters for their sage advice!

@TheCheese same here… I’m starting to think I’ll have to change my major now since I haven’t heard back… I was looking forward to being a part of the engineering program at A&M too…

@cecp2015‌ What were your stats if you dont mind sharing?

@md21403 SAT: 2080 (1330 CR & M), 31 ACT, 4.0 GPA, lots of ECs & 500+ service hours, plus good recommendation letters