Acceptance

Would I have a chance for college station with a 3.95 weighted gpa with leadership council, speech and debate on a national level, model un on a state level, newspaper executive editor, spanish club, ping pong club, and a good sat/ act score ( haven’t taken them yet)

IM not qualified for automatic admit btw

@Texastressed A&M is interested in your class rank and SAT/ACT score. What are yours, with the subscore break down. Are you an URM Unrepresented Minority? Are you currently a Jr in high school? Are you taking the SAT this Saturday, if not, when?

I’m rank 150 out of 600 and am Hispanic and have not taken the sat or act yet only psat

As far as I know

Barely not top 25 percent

@Texastressed Are you a junior in high school? If so, you have the rest of this year to get your rank up. Academic admit is top 25% rank, SAT 1360 (M620, RW660) or ACT 30 (M27, E27). If you really want TAMU, I’d push for getting your rank up and be very prepared for your SATs or ACTs. Good luck!!

@Texastressed Must be a jr in high school, for if he/she were a Sr, there is no way to make the application date for A&M without an SAT/ACT score. The last day is this Sat, Dec 2 to be eligible.
Without an SAT score, it is impossible to chance an applicant. GPA is meaningless, as A&M doesn’t use it except inhouse to assign a class rank if a school does not. Has no bearing on application otherwise.
If you are out of top quarter, your chances drastically are reduced.

So what is auto admit? Just gpa or rank? Or act or sat? Like what are options for auto admit and or what chance do you think I have?

What do you junk my chances are btw I’m Hispanic and Christian

Without an SAT score or an ACT score, it is impossible to say. If you are out of the top 25% by the end of Jr year your chances decrease substantially. Your Faith, nor the competitive of your school considered for admission.

Here is the info on Texas top 10% and Academic Admits. http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted