Acceptances?

<p>I’m from OOS. I live in Florida. I am in the IB program and my weighted gpa is a 3.38. I have 100 volunteer hours and two ECs golf and football. Any chances?</p>

<p>Yes!!!</p>

<p>What are your test scores?</p>

<p>Kyle013194,
the 4 things that matter most at UA are;</p>

<p>Rigor of secondary school record
Class rank
Academic GPA
Standardized test scores (ACT/SAT)</p>

<p>What are yours?</p>

<p>Well, tomorrow will be 7 days since UA had transcripts, ACT score (both composite and writing), application and application fee… (actually they had all except app and app fee before that)</p>

<p>6 days since since D received CWID and 5 days since D submitted scholarship application…</p>

<p>Hopefully the 7-10 day window will be true…</p>

<p>Not that we are impatient or anything – lol</p>

<p>My fingers are crossed for you - I hope you hear this week! We won’t hear for a while because HS won’t send transcript until the fall, but since we’re nearly certain D will get in, the wait isn’t terrible.</p>

<p>Smorenik, </p>

<p>If by “hot” you meant popular, UA received over 2,000 more applications for this Fall, than for last Fall. The total number of applications received for this Fall’s class was over 22,000. UA’s yield rate for last Fall, was over 52%. This means that of all the students accepted by UA for last Fall’s class, over 52% chose to actually attend UA last Fall. That is very impressive compared to most public schools.</p>

<p>Due to its popularity, UA has been able to steadily accept a smaller percentage of applicants each Fall for about the last ten years. Last Fall, UA accepted only 53.6% of applicants. It is expected that UA will accept even fewer for this Fall, like only 50 % of applicants.</p>

<p>Bama said they had my transcript a week or two ago but it still isn’t showing that my transcript is there on the application page under myBama. Should I just call Undergraduate Admissions or wait a few more days?</p>

<p>Did they tell you by phone that they have your transcript? Who told you?</p>

<p>I wouldn’t worry about this yet, but if you want, you can call if it would give you peace of mind.</p>

<p>Atlanta68 (or others): Has anyone see admission %/yield % statistics for Fall 2011? When is common data set published? I have a feeling we are going to be blown away with this year’s numbers. They are already saying it is the best class on record. This is clearly a school on a rapid rise. The value of the diploma is skyrocketing.</p>

<p>Most recent on UA’s web site (?)
[2010-2011</a> Common Data Set | OIRA](<a href=“http://oira.ua.edu/d/content/reports/2010-2011-common-data-set]2010-2011”>http://oira.ua.edu/d/content/reports/2010-2011-common-data-set)</p>

<p>Thanks gojack!</p>

<p>I talked to some lady in the Office of Undegraduate Admissions and she said she looked and couldn’t find my transcript (I called three weeks ago and they said they had it) so I was told to resend my transcript. And now I wait again…</p>

<p>How come the Factbook hasn’t been updated?</p>

<p>That info is more useful to me…lol</p>

<p>Day 8 in waiting purgatory – lol</p>

<p>When did the school receive test scores and transcript?</p>

<p>Did you check mybama to see if the honors college link or the pay frosh deposit link is there?</p>

<p>I think you go to mybama…student tab (or academics tab) and then scroll down on the left.</p>

<p>M2CK – All items received between 25 June and 6 July with last thing (application and $40) received 6 July. </p>

<p>All show received when I check application status.</p>

<p>Already submitted scholarship application, as well as Alumni Degree Holder Form. </p>

<p>No links on mybama to pay deposit or put in for honors, etc. yet. </p>

<p>We actually got an email on 6 July from admissions (related to a question) stating that they had everything.</p>

<p>Still have a couple of days before we bust that 10 day window… RTR!!!</p>

<p>If I remember correctly…last July the acceptances took a bit longer than the ones in August. I could only guess that it was because they don’t have “full admissions staff” working in July…some may only work Aug-May…and some may be on vaca now.</p>

<p>Don’t worry…you’ll be admitted quite soon!!!</p>

<p>Mom723 – There was box to check in “other items” on the application form, stating that you had a parent or grand parent that graduated from UA. I missed it and had to call the scholarship office who was very nice and checked it for us. I also put in words that mom had graduated from Bama in 88 in the “other items” box – did not see anywhere else to put date, etc.</p>

<p>Right under the scholarship link on mybama is another link that is titled “Degree Holder Form” or something like that. We could not get it to work for a while because the programmer had forgot to delink from 2011 class and link for 2012 class – so we did not have permission to hit. They got that corrected and then we went in and filled out the form and submitted. It asked the information you were wondering about, name, year, etc.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Bump 10char</p>

<p>I called admissions and they said they received my transcripts on July 13 and it doesn’t show up on MyBama, so obviously that’s slow. Now it’s the waiting game. They have everything and it’s been six days.</p>