Acceptances

<p>Me three ^</p>

<p>I’m going mad if I don’t hear by tomorrow.</p>

<p>@mnatz3 Wisconsin will probably give their decisions tomorrow, I know a bunch of other schools are.</p>

<p>If you’re a freshman applicant, I think you’re guaranteed to hear back today.</p>

<p>If they make us wait until monday, I will be vengefully angry.</p>

<p>I meant if they really do send them out on Fridays only.</p>

<p>I think they send 90% on Fridays and give out a few during the week</p>

<p>Have any regular decision or postponed kids heard yet?</p>

<p>A group of postponed kids from my high school heard back last Monday.</p>

<p>is there anyone who still not hear back…? soooo nervous!</p>

<p>Does anybody know if Wisconsin releases decisions during weekends?</p>

<p>does anyone know what time they’ll send out notifications tonight? </p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>My son got waitlisted applying for Computer Science. He’s an international student with decent grades (SAT’s 2,140). Damn!</p>

<p>Anyone know the chances of getting in off the waitlist?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I think it depends on how many admitted students decide not to attend, and how many students they admitted in the first place. I looked back and some years they took quite a few off the waitlist, other years none. I don’t know how this year will be, but I am not counting on anything.</p>

<p>Wait listed with a 4.1 Weighted GPA and a 1930 SAT.</p>

<p>Accepted. 2270 SAT / 3.6 GPA. Likely attending, they still haven’t updated financial aid though.</p>

<p>Accepted!
SAT 1980
ACT 29
International Student
Electrical Engineering
Most probably attending!</p>

<p>Accepted.
SAT 2100
ACT 30</p>

<p>This was the second to last safety on my list (if that isn’t already evident by my glorious username that CollegeConfidential insists cannot be changed) so this decision is bitter sweet. I applied to 15 schools including 6 of the 8 Ivies, UC Berkeley, UCLA, MIT, NYU, CU Boulder and here. My only two acceptances were here and at CU Boulder. Waitlisted UCLA and rejected everywhere else. Looks like I’m headed to Madison.</p>

<p>I also just now realized that I was accepted into the college of letters & sciences when I actually want to be in the school of business (to earn my BBA). Is this kind of thing unorthodox and if so, how hard will it be for me to transfer into business? </p>

<p>I’m excited to be going to a big, lively state school where I’ll receive a classic American college experience, but I’m worried that I may not achieve the career I’ve seen for myself. Goldman Sachs IBD and the Street seems further away than ever. </p>

<p>1891 – parent of L&S student here. A quick word about the B school at UW – while UW does take a small number of direct admits into the B school as freshman, most students start freshman year taking the recommended courses for B school and then apply to B school in spring of freshman year. I think those acceptances come out in late spring of freshman year, but as my kid is not B school, I didn’t really pay close attention to the dates. </p>

<p>UW offers lots of incredible opportunities and there is no single, sure path to the perfect career. Hang in there, and get to know UW. </p>

<p>I was accepted a while ago, but I decided to post now!
SAT 1810
GPA: 3.86 UW (more than half of my classes are honors or AP, so very heavy workload)
Activities: great! A tons! Captain and officer in 2 activities. </p>