Acceptances

<p>Waitlisted. </p>

<p>OOS
3.54 GPA with most rigorous available (we don’t have a lot of APs.
2050 SAT (680 M, 680 CR, 690 W)
2 thoughtful recs, tons of community service and clubs, varsity tennis all 4 years, and one of my essays was pretty cool I thought but I guess could’ve been risky.</p>

<p>Guessing my GPA did it to me, but I’m accepted with scholarship at one of my other top schools so not as bummed as I could be. Congrats on everyone that got in and good luck to others on the waitlist!</p>

<p>UWMan1891: Except for a very small number of direct admits to the School of Business (you could receive a link to apply as a direct admit - more info here: <a href=“http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions/wisconsin-bba-direct-admit-program”>http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions/wisconsin-bba-direct-admit-program&lt;/a&gt;) everyone who applied like you as a business major would be assigned to the College of Letters & Science.</p>

<p>You would then apply to the business school by April 1 2015 if that is the semester in which you will complete the 4 prerequisites and 24 credits on campus. Read more here: <a href=“http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions”>http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions&lt;/a&gt; It is important to show in your essays and application that you have an interest in business. So in your first semester on campus, you’ll want to join some business school groups, like Badger Business Buddies and or Alpha Kappa Psi.</p>

<p>Congratulations! </p>

<p>Here is a link to a popular student newspaper feature (Badger Herald Shout Outs): <a href=“http://badgerherald.com/shoutouts/”>http://badgerherald.com/shoutouts/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>You may enjoy the you tube video by Zoonivesity: Teach Me How To Bucky (it is a few years old and has a cameo appearance from our former Chancellor, but is still cool).</p>

<p>My dd postponed and now rejected. Wait listed at Cornell</p>

<p>Deposited at Purdue</p>

<p>ACT: 31
SAT: 2020
GPA: 87/100 which is a 3.5 UW
-IB Diploma candidate with AP and honors classes sophomore year
-2 years in the US, 2 years international</p>

<p>Rejected. Honestly a little confused but whatever. Will be attending CU-Boulder next year</p>

<p>My portal only has an updated link for Financial Aid for 2015. Decision is still ‘postponed’ --what does this mean? Does the financial aid package mean I am accepted? This is so confusing.</p>

<p>My financial aid section shows a button saying apply for aid for the summer. I haven’t been accepted yet does that mean something. Thanks</p>

<p>What? I have a link that says " summer application" as well. Do you think we are in?</p>

<p>I dint know ^ ahhhhhh</p>

<p>Just accepted. I believe that message must meant something @CALIBRO</p>

<p>Texas
Texas Resident
Chance me for
University of michigan- dream school
So I finished my application completely today. (Yes I know) it’s because I forgot to apply, they emailed me asking me not to forgot to apply. Knowing this I know it’s a 99% rejection );. but I still want some opinions. Not even Obama’s letter will save me. Thank you.</p>

<p>African American first generation
Act score composite 25 reading 29 science 25 math 23 English 22
3.57 UW GPA
4.2 W GPA
Any programs or activities that helped you prepare for higher education?
58/624
SAT prep classes
ACT prep Classes
16 AP/Honors classes
40 a’s and 26b’s 0c’s (hope I am not sounding cocky)
Extracurricular activities:</p>

<p>Business professions of America BPA compete in business related events. first place in regionals state and 14th place national competition 32 weeks of practice
NSHSS- National society of high school scholars-member inducted sophomore year completed 290 community service hours
National Academy of future physicians and medical scientist chosen to represent high school in the meeting in Washington for future physicians and given an award and certificate.</p>

<p>Presidents volunteer service program completed 135.59 service hours. Received a letter from president Obama thanking me for my work and a certificate and a medal.</p>

<p>National Art honor society NAHS- Art related projects.
National forensics league NFL- debate in different completions and speeches inducted 3rd place in novice Lincoln Douglass debate second time debating
Students Achieving volunteer excellence SAVE 290 community service hours
HOSA- volunteered in retirement home and at head start program in school
Aquatics Club
EFC=$10</p>

<p>Accepted to Texas A&M university(2,000), SMU, TCU, BAYLOR (34,00) University of Iowa (60,000) Penn state University(16k). University of Texas at Austin (capped) brother goes here. Ohio state university. University of Illinois. University of florida. UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON. Florida state University. St. Edwards University (48k). Iowa state University.
Wait listed: University of Minnesota
Rejected: University of Michigan. NYU. TULANE UNIVERSITY. Fordham University. </p>

<p>Accepted!
OOS (California)
SAT: 1740
UW:3.83
W: 4.23
Class Rank: 27
AP: Biology, Calculus
Honors: Physics, Geometry, English, Biology, American Lit, American Democracy, World History, English/ European Lit
-Tons of extracurriculars and heavily involved in community services

• Good amount of leadership positions
  • Great essays that both showed my passion for psychology, my major
  • Greats recs from a close teacher and volunteer coordinator</p>

<p>Accepted: UCSC, UCSB, UCD, UCI, UCSD, Cal Poly SLO, Indiana U
Rejected: UCLA</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>1) ACT: 30
2) GPA: 3.5 UW/ 3.7 W
3) ECS: 4 years football, 4 year popular acapella group, sports/video editor of school paper, job at local shop
4) 2 good recs and what I believe was a solid essay.</p>

<p>Congrats everyone. To those who got waitlisted or rejected… this is by far on of the weirdest college years I have ever heard of. One of my friends got accepeted to UC berkley but rejected to Tufts. Seriously I bet most of you are beyond qualified, it is just straight up luck of the draw </p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I tend to agree.</p>

<p>My son applied for Computer Science at 7 universities, got accepted at one (UW-Seattle), rejected by two (UCLA & UC-Berkeley) and waitlisted by 3 (UIUC, GaTech & UW-Madison). He’s now waiting on Purdue, and we were just betting on the chances of being waitlisted there too, making it a record 4 waitlists out of 7!</p>

<p>Back in 2011, my daughter applied to 2 schools (including UW-Madison) and got into both with lower a SAT score, similar high school grades and fewer extracurriculars.</p>

<p>Go figure.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Accepted with a 1690 SAT </p>

<p>I got accepted in November
ACT: 30
GPA: 3.91
I’m got accepted into CLS for Applied Math, Engineering, and Physics but I’m thinking of switching to actuarial sciences.</p>