Acceptances

<p>It’s okay, collegebound1419. Here you go:</p>

<p>Applied as a chemistry major.
High school GPA: 2.4, SAT: 1600/2400
Private college GPA: 1.5, 12 credits
Community college GPA: 3.9, 55 credits (science courses: physics 1-2 [covers introductory mechanics, thermo, optics, waves, and electromagnetism] and general chemistry 1-2 (honors). math courses: calc 1-3 (honors), linear algebra, differential equations. rest are general education courses.)
EC: Doing chemistry research, 1 publication as 2nd author, presented research at some conferences, 1 summer of research for the department of energy, member of a few of relevant clubs related to chem/STEM fields.</p>

<p>I think my poor high school/first college’s stats got me denied since I’ve been accepted to 3 ivy league schools so far and a couple other decent chem programs. I also didn’t put that much effort into the statement as Madison wasn’t my first choice, so that also could have been it.</p>

<p>Im out of state, from NYC. I applied on 11/4 and I’m wondering if anyone who applied near the deadline has heard yet?? I have a 2080 SAT school and am in the top 10% at one of NYCs most competitive high schools. Very nervous. No1 from my HS has ever gone or even been accepted to UW.</p>

<p>My daughter applied 10/28 and we haven’t heard, and we’re in state. My other daughter who is a soph now at UW didn’t hear until the end of November, and she submitted at the end of September. Try not to worry, it’s early still.</p>

<p>Strange that there did not appear to be any acceptances last Friday, at least as reported here.</p>

<p>received email just now with link to various UW freshman scholarship opportunities…but still no admission?</p>

<p>^ That may be a good sign.</p>

<p>bb2mom…my son in Missouri received the same email.</p>

<p>Not sure what it means…have a feeling tonight may be that Friday night of mass notifications…been too quiet.</p>

<p>Just read on another CC thread from several years ago that a girl who got the scholarship email actually ended up getting deferred. I don’t think the email is a sign for anything at all.</p>

<p>Accepted!!! out of state!</p>

<p>^Yay! Congrats!</p>

<p>Postponed
Out of state- Missouri
4.2 unweighted gpa
3.9 weighted
25 ACT
Volunteer at Hospital
4 years Baseball
4 years Newspaper staff
1 letter of rec
Good essays</p>

<p>ACT hurt me a lot but if I stilled lived in Wisconsin I think I would have been accepted because instate vs oos acceptance difference is a lot. I think it’s 77 vs 48% (someone correct me if I’m wrong). I can’t wait until late march/early April for a decision. Ironically, I’m in Iowa City for the game tomorrow so it looks like it’s Iowa for me. Go hawks! Haha Also, goodluck to everyone who is applying or already applied!!!</p>

<p>accepted nj !</p>

<p>Admitted 11/22
In state
4.0 unweighted GPA
29 ACT
Class rank 1 of 331, top 5%
Full IB student
From a very competitive Milwaukee high school (arguably the best school in state)
1 letter of rec
Essays were decent, not the best</p>

<p>4 clubs- 3 honor societies & mathletes
Internship at Discovery World in Milwaukee</p>

<p>Applied as chemical engineering major on 11/3
Application was first marked as complete and being reviewed on 11/14</p>

<p>My D got accepted this evening. We are in Michigan.</p>

<p>I was accepted today! I am out of state and applied in late october.</p>

<p>accepted tonight!</p>

<p>new york, applied around 10/26</p>

<p>act 31
sat 2070
gpa 96</p>

<p>a bunch of extracurriculars, APs and College courses, not sure if anyone wants the specifics</p>

<p>good luck to everyone!!!</p>

<p>I was accepted today and it seems like a lot of others were too from looking on twitter! In state, applied 10/31</p>

<p>Has anyone from California heard?</p>

<p>I was accepted last night!!! Out of State from NYC 2080 SAT score. If anyone wants specifics I’ll give them.</p>

<p>Has anyone from Illinois (Chicago area) heard back yet??</p>