Acceptances??

<p>Anybody have any idea when they will be sent out for RD?</p>

<p>Has anybody already received an admissions letter for RD? </p>

<p>Will it be mailed or will it appear on the WebAdvisor? </p>

<p>Weee...hopefully they send them out before April 1...seems like so far away!</p>

<p>hey, i got an email that says i got accepted today. here it is:</p>

<p>
[quote]
Welcome to Lewis & Clark!
Dear Andrea,</p>

<p>We know you have been waiting anxiously for a thick envelope to arrive by mail. We promise that your admission packet is on its way, but we couldn't wait to welcome you to Lewis & Clark! You have been admitted for Fall 2008. In our strong application pool this year you stood out as among the best! You can expect to find scholarship information in your admissions packet. Congratulations!</p>

<p>While you await the arrival of your admissions packet, take a few minutes to check out Inside L&C, our website created exclusively for admitted students. Inside L&C has great information about life at Lewis & Clark, as well as what you'll find in your admissions packet. We invite you to pop in and check it out:
Admitted Student Open House</p>

<p>This program, offered only to admitted students, allows you an opportunity to experience life at Lewis & Clark and meet your fellow admitted students. Sign up now to visit us on April 12!
The Conversation
Get on the message boards and get to know your fellow admitted students - What kind of music do they like? Have they visited L&C? What's life like in their hometowns?</p>

<p>To log in to Inside L&C, just go here:
InsideL&C2008
And enter your Lewis & Clark ID number: --------</p>

<p>To help you make your decision about whether Lewis & Clark is the right place for you the site is packed full with profiles of students and faculty, info about living and learning at L&C, campus visit options, local trivia, and lots of links to fascinating places on campus and around town. We hope to see you at Lewis & Clark next fall!
-The L&C Admissions Crew

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>I didn't get an email, hopefully that's not an outright rejection :(</p>

<p>and here are my stats, if anyone wants to see.</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted</p>

<p>Date Applied: 1/25/08...somewhere around there.
Date Accepted: 3/14/08, by email.</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT: 2210 (730 critical reading/740 writing/740 math)
[</em>] ACT: did not take.
[<em>] SAT IIs: us history, 680; biology, 670; math level two, 670.
[</em>] GPA: 3.76, unweighted.
[<em>] Rank: top 10%. i think it was around 25/300 - also unweighted.
[</em>] Other stats: national merit commended. also, i took four ap tests - one in tenth grade and two in eleventh grade. and i am taking three this year.</p>

<p>[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Essays: everyone who read my essays for me really seemed to like my main common app essay. it was about genealogy/my father's death. my activity essay was pretty rushed, but i think it turned out pretty good in the end. it was about bowling. my short essays on the supplement were okay, but nothing amazing.
[</em>] Teacher Recs: i did not read it, but i assume it was pretty good.
[<em>] Counselor Rec: i saw this one - it was very generic. but it was positive. he marked "most demanding schedule" and checked the "outstanding" box for all the ratings.
[</em>] Extracurriculars: my main extracurriculars were researching my genealogy and doing a sports medicine internship. i also did bowling for three years, and took classes every summer. i also work about 20 hours a week, starting december 2007.
[<em>] Interview: i did not interview, but i visited.
[</em>] Hook (if any): no huge hooks, but i tried to make myself stand out where i could.</p>

<p>[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[<em>] State or Country: washington.
[</em>] School Type: public.
[<em>] Ethnicity: caucasian.
[</em>] Gender: female.</p>

<p>[/ul]Other Factors/Hook?: maybe "overcoming obstacles". my father died right before the start of my junior year. also, i am a first generation college student, and my family doesn't make much money.</p>

<p>Scholarships: the email i got makes it sound like i got a scholarship. i really hope so.</p>

<p>General Comments: whoo, my first acceptance. i am really excited!</p>

<p>I got the same e-mail as andreaaaaaa.</p>

<p>My stats:</p>

<p>Date Applied: end of January?

<p>Stats:
SAT: 2070 (780 critical reading/660 writing/630 math)
ACT: did not take.
SAT IIs: us history, 760; Lit, 770; Spanish (w/o listening), 690
GPA: around 3.76, unweighted. 4.2ish weighted.
Other stats: national merit commended. I took APUSH and AP Lang last year and got 5's, and this year I'm taking 4 AP's. Distinguished honor roll, CSF,etc.</p>

<p>Subjective:
Essays: My main common app essay was, I think, pretty strong. I talked about my love of learning, and the different things I've learned from in my life. The short supplement stuff I just kind of winged.<br>
Teacher Recs: Probably good.<br>
Counselor Rec: Probably good, but generic.<br>
Extracurriculars: Horseback riding (10 yrs, 24 hours/week), tutoring, political activism, photography, clubs, etc.<br>
Interview: It went quite well, I thought.<br>
Hook (if any): None really.</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: California
School Type: Public, fairly good academically, but rarely sends students to any school other than CSU's, or lower UC's.<br>
Ethnicity: caucasian.
Other Factors/Hook?: I have very shiny hair? No idea really.<br>
Scholarships: sounds like I got a scholarship as well. Probably not enough to be able to afford L&C though. </p>

<p>General Comments: It's not my first acceptance, but it really brightened a bad day.</p>

<p>I got the same e-mail just yesterday.</p>

<p>Date Applied: uhhhh no idea.... before the deadline?

<p>Stats:
SAT: 1970 (610 CR/660 W/700 M)
ACT: 30 COMPOSITE
SAT IIs: blegh. bad.
GPA: 3.923, unweighted.
Other stats:
4 APs from 10th/11th grade, all exams passed (4, 5, 5, 3)
and taking 4 AP classes this year.</p>

<p>Subjective:
Essays: I would say that my main CommonApp essay was good, from what people have told me.
Teacher Recs: Pretty good or great.
Counselor Rec: Generic, little explanation, but great/amazing rankings on the chart where the counselor ranks you as "one of the few encountered" or "top 10% of my career" or etc. etc.
Extracurriculars: cross country (captain, most inspirational), amnesty international (president, creator), diversity committee (secretary), national honor society (member), key club (vice president), volunteer weekly at the hospital, etc.
Interview: neither interviewed nor visited. should probably visit, seeing as how it's less than an hour away....
Hook (if any): no huge hooks as far as I believe....</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: WA
School Type: public
Ethnicity: Asian

<p>Other Factors/Hook?: no clue. I'm originally from OR?</p>

<p>Scholarships: the e-mail mentioned scholarships....</p>

<p>General Comments: great! yay. my 3rd acceptance. 3 down, 2 to go.</p>

<p>Just got my pacakage today. Dean's Scholar, $8000 a year.
Invited to the "special" admitted students weekend as well.</p>

<p>nice. i hope i get my package on monday.</p>

<p>yay I got my email yesterday! Same one as all of yours with the merit money :)</p>

<p>Is anyone else loving their website as much as I am? </p>

<p>The conversation and profile sections are so fun! It's making me like L & C even more. Smart idea on their part, I think.</p>

<p>yeah, it's a good idea.</p>

<p>so is it pretty much for sure that people got emails also got some kind of merit money?</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted!!!</p>

<p>Date Applied: Early Nov...I was an EA applicant
Date Accepted: by email in mid Dec, with my admissions packet arriving a week later.</p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<pre><code>* SAT: did not take
* ACT: 28
* SAT IIs: none
* GPA: 3.4 unweighted, school doesn't weigh
* Rank: top 50%. i am in a very small graduating class of about 12 kids. As such, my school doesn't really claim to rank, and tells the colleges that any student applies to not look at rank very closely.
</code></pre>

<p>Subjective:</p>

<pre><code>* Essays: Everyone I showed them to loved them. I actually sent in two essays, as my teachers and GC felt that "both highlight very different, yet genuine facets of you." Writing is my thing, I guess. I wrote about an experience I had abroad in Japan and another about the various tea flavors that exist in my pantry, and how different teas are associated with different moods I have.
* Teacher Recs: Good, I guess.
* Counselor Rec: My GC showed me his rec. I thought it was thoughtful and personal. Pretty good, I'd say.
* Extracurriculars: I've been heavily involved in the visual arts for many years, and have been a member of the National Art Honor Society for 3 years. I became Vice President of NAHS this year. I've done alot with galleries and art festivals around town, and have done community service through the arts. I've also studied the Japanese language independently for 2 years, and studied abroad in Japan this past summer.
* Interview: I had a very good interview. I think this is actually one of the main reasons I got in. She was very much interested in my academic interests and the like. I want to study Int'l Affairs, and this is LCs strong point, so I think she noted that. She even remembered me on a second visit I made to campus, and also when she visited my school.
* Hook (if any): Idk...I guess my creative essays and interview?
</code></pre>

<p>Location/Person:</p>

<pre><code>* State or Country: AZ
* School Type: private, small, quite rigorous
* Ethnicity: caucasian.
</code></pre>

<p>Other Factors/Hook?: nothing besides the aforementioned material...</p>

<p>Scholarships: nope</p>

<p>General Comments: This was my first acceptance, and has kindof been a safety net for me. LC is my back up school of sorts for the moment, but I like it quite a bit. I won't be able to make a proper decision until I hear from the other places I applied to. Oh, and to all prospective applicants: MAKE SURE YOU INTERVIEW! It helped me a ton!</p>

<p>My D was accepted EA. Today she received an terrific FA package. It's going to be hard to choose. :)</p>

<p>Accepted by email.</p>

<p>I got my acceptance letter in the mail today, and it says to use the ID number from the e-mail to sign in to "inside L&C".</p>

<p>I never got the e-mail. ??</p>

<p>My D hasn't heard anything either.</p>

<p>that's strange junglebrain. did you check your spam folder?</p>

<p>Yep. And now that I look, I don't think I've gotten any e-mails from Lewis and Clark at all. They probably made a mistake with my address or something.</p>

<p>actually i don't think i got any before i got accepted either. hmm.</p>

<p>did you get the dean's scholarship?</p>