Accepted as a Freshman Cadet

<p>What does it mean to be accepted as a Freshman cadet?</p>

<p>This means you applied to be a member of the Corps of Cadets. You were accepted to Virginia Tech as a member of the Corps. If you're doing any kind of ROTC then you must be in the Corps. If you don't know what the Corps is or mistakenly checked the box for it in your application, you need to contact admissions and tell them so immediately. </p>

<p>Being in the VTCC is a radically different lifestyle from normal students at VT.</p>

<p>Realize now what this means... how/when does he find out if he got a scholarship? He has applied for NROTC and AROTC</p>

<p>His applications have probably gone through the boards by now and he should find out soon. Im not too familiar with the Army and Navy scholarship process.</p>

<p>If you're worried just give the the respective ROTCs a call and check on his app. About this time last year I called AFROTC and they told me I was awarded a scholarship. I didnt get the letter through the mail until a couple weeks later.</p>

<p>i think i might have misread your post, but are you saying that you have to be a member of ROTC to be in the corps?</p>

<p>ive never been in ROTC but i signed up for the corps...</p>

<p>also, by signing up to be in the corps, does that increase your chances of being accepted?</p>

<p>You dont have to be in ROTC to be in the corps. But you do have to be in the corps to be in ROTC. Something like 20% of the corps is not in any form of ROTC and will not go into the military after graduating.</p>

<p>As far as increasing your chances Im not sure. I doubt it has much of an effect either way.</p>