Accepted.. but nothing has been mentioned about scholarship

<p>Do they send out the scholarship information in a separate mail? S got 4 letters altogether, nothing mentions scholarship anywhere. </p>

<p>Please tell me that’s how it is…</p>

<p>Arutha,</p>

<p>That’s how it is. Now, the steps I’ve gathered thus far are:</p>

<ol>
<li>Acceptance to Alabama (done)</li>
<li>Fill out scholarship application prior to 1 December (your S may be eligible for departmental scholarships that will help cover books/food plans).</li>
<li>Apply to Honors Program (yes, a separate application)</li>
<li>Visit Campus (recommended)</li>
<li>Send in deposit for housing/admission (the earlier you get this in the better housing opportunities your S will have). You will get about half of the deposit back if your son chooses to attend a different school.</li>
</ol>

<p>Others will correct me if I’ve gotten something wrong or missing here. </p>

<p>BTW, Arutha’s S looks to be a National Merit Semifinalist. Congrats Arutha!</p>

<p>G</p>

<p>1. Acceptance to Alabama (done)
2. Fill out scholarship application prior to 1 December (your S may be eligible for departmental scholarships that will help cover books/food plans).
</p>

<p>You should NOT wait until after acceptance to apply for scholarships. </p>

<p>A few days after submitting your school app, you’ll get a follow-up email with CWID# to set up the MyBama account. After that, the scholarship app can be accessed and submitted.</p>

<p>Arutha…since your son is a NMSF (not yet a finalist), he’ll first get the Presidential scholarship. Then, after he’s named a finalist in February, he’ll be awarded the rest of the NMF scholarship.</p>

<p>Also, since he’s a Comp Sci major, he’ll get an additional Engineering scholarship.</p>

<p>BUT…MAKE sure that he’s submitted the scholarship app. That can easily get overlooked.</p>

<p>it’s obscure enough that i bet a bunch of qualified kids will simply forget :frowning: …i guess that’s what cc is here for though…keeping us informed ;)</p>

<p>His scholarship application was submitted at least a couple of weeks ago. That’s why I am a little surprised. I was wondering if other applicants were getting their scholarship award along with the acceptance letter.</p>

<p>If he just got accepted, then the scholarship letter will be shortly forthcoming. It comes from a different office…Scholarships. And, the COE scholarship will come from the COE office…I think sometime in December.</p>

<p>I know that some schools include acceptances and scholarships in the same letter, but since Bama has separate offices for Admissions and Scholarships, the letters come separately.</p>

<p>The first letter my son got was his letter congratulating him on the Presidential Scholarship. Since then he has received 9 other letters from UA. They have been coming in two or three at a time. There doesn’t seem to be any order to it. One of the last letters he got was the one that gave him his CWID to set up his myBama account.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>That late CWID letter is odd. But, he should have gotten an email much earlier with that info.</p>

<p>He got the scholarship award letter today. Thanks everyone.</p>

<p>^
congrats :D</p>