Accepted but

So I just found out that I got accepted into Purdue university and I applied in late December so after the early action deadline. I looked up when the decisions are suppose to be out for regular decisions and they said March 15 and for early decisions… the day I got my acceptance. I just am confused cause since I got my acceptance on the same day as early decisions applicants I don’t want to be bonded into going to Purdue.

If you didn’t apply ED then they can’t hold you to anything. When applying ED both the student and a parent must electronically sign a form stating that they have agreed and understand the policies that come with ED if you are to get accepted. If neither you or your parents did this they can’t force you to attend Purdue.

Purdue doesn’t have binding ED, just EA. And they state on their website the RD notifications can begin rolling out as early as January 15. That’s why you found out today. The only difference is you’re not eligible for merit scholarships or the honors college, as those deadlines are November 1.

Congrats!!!

Purdue only has Early Action. You aren’t bound to anything unless you agreed to it which you can’t at Purdue. Focusing on detail can be of use at times…