Accepted Comp. Sc.purdue & Calpoly - Pls Help!

<p>Accepted Computer Science in Purdue and CAL POLY San Luis Obispo. I really want to go to Purdue but my DAD thinks Purdue and CALPOLY are on the same level and Purdue cost ($32K) twice as much as CALPOLY ($16K CA resident).</p>

<p>Is there a big difference in Computer Science program to justify the additional cost to my parents? Please help! How about employment opportunities after graduation? </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>If you plan to stay in CA, go with Calpoly SLO but if your seeking national prestige Calpoly SLO is not Nationally Acclaimed.</p>

<p>Cal Poly only has about 90 CS students per year and 100 C Engineering students per year so is pretty selective. The classes are really small and taught by professors not graduate students. Son in same situation.<br>
I don't see that Purdue is ranked very high among CS schools and you have to take more general ed classes.
How about Purdue versus U of Colo CS, U of Washington CS, USC CS or any of the UC's?
Any help appreciated..</p>

<p>futherholds are you kidding me, uhhh slo is NOT a research instiution and last time i checked purdue was ranked somewhere between 17-21 in the CS dept, being that because princeton, berkeley, purdue is a lot more prestige and i believe you have more networking there because of the well qualified staff.</p>